Monday, March 15, 2010

Easter Decor and the Real Reason for the Season

Soooooo...honestly, I am not much of a seasonal decorator this time of year...

The Springy/Eastery colors don't really do it for me.

Pastels...ugh. No thank you!

This is not even to mention that I have mixed feelings about putting bunnies around my house when Easter means SO MUCH MORE to my family and I.

BUT...

I do have a few things that have been given to me over the years and this year I have decided to put them out for the simple fact that I feel like after the dreadfully cold and snowy winter we had, I need some signs of LIFE...and LIGHT. :)

Though, I put up my Spring wreath and back door decor last week, I still had several winter decorations up (artificial trees with pine cone lights) so I finally took them down yesterday...

It's been so dreary here in my neck of the woods for the last few days and I need COLOR...STAT!

Today, I've been inspired to get out the Easter decor...still don't know exactly where I am going to perch these little lovelies but I thought that I'd give you a little peek into my collection...

Here we go...

Hand painted glass eggs


White potted hyacinth in hand painted tin chick bucket


Purple hyacinth in hand painted tin chick bucket


Close-up of the hand painted tin chick bucket


Raggedy (cute and cuddly) bunny filled with beans for easy standing


Plaster of Paris (I think) primitive bunny hugging his prized possesion

Handmade fleece chick hatchling with twisted metal feet


But my favorite decoration of all?


Through all of the decking with eggs and bunnies and those lovely pastel colors I heart so much (eh hem)...I must remind myself of the real reason for the season...

And that is that God sent his only son to die on the cross for our sins so that we may have eternal life if we choose to accept his free gift with childlike faith...


John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Romans 10:9-13
"Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Today, I'd like to leave you with these words from Hillsong United...as I decorate for the Easter season, I want to be reminded and STAY reminded of what and who this life is really for...
He DIED for me...can any sacrifice I make be too great for him?
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

It is finished...and now the choice is ours...

XO





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...