Friday, March 5, 2010

Sweet Dreams of Girly Spaces


I posted about the design dilemma that is my kids future bedroom a while ago...well, a couple weeks later and the light bulb is still burnt out with a major lack of inspiration.

So...in effort to avoid all things unpleasant (it's a gift)...I revert to dreamland...where all things are perfect and homes are always well endowed with at least 3 bedrooms or more...

Natalie would have her own very girly room...and it'd probably look a little something like these...






We do have an optional third bedroom (on the first floor) which at the present time is acting as our office but it's SMALL...and it lacks closet space. It does boast a very lovely beadboard ceiling though which would work very nicely (I think) with some of these looks. Hmmmmmm... It would also make my life a lot easier...

Decisions decisions...

XO

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally wanting to give Kaitlyn's room a total makeover, but I think if I do it now then she will want to change it in a couple of years again to be more "tween"-ish. Maybe just some new bedding for now would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn, I want to see your house!!! I LOVE....okay, love is not a strong enough word....ADORE small bedrooms. I sleep SOOO much better in them, and I LOVE the challenge of making them work. Why don't you and your hubby take the teeny tiny office/bedroom, so that you get a little more privacy from the kids??? Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan...when I say "small"...I'm talkin' large walk-in closet small. I doubt that our bed would even fit in there to be honest. I'm thinking of turning in into a super girly retreat for Natalie. 3 of the 4 walls are wood paneled (think pretty panels...not 70's style) the 4th is brick (painted) b/c it was originally an outside wall. The ceiling is bead board and there is crown molding at the top. White ceiling fan is in the center of the room but I'm thinkin' chandelier if we decide to do it up little girl style. Hardwood lies underneath the carpet so I'd definitely be pulling that up as well. 2 good size windows give the room nice natural light... I do have a pretty french-ish style armoire that I could possibly mount a clothes bar in to act as a closet...hmmmmmmm... Thinking...thinking...dreaming...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...