Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

Good morning!

It's hard to believe that it is Monday yet again...the weekend flew by! Oh, but what a GORGEOUS weekend it was if you are living on the East Coast (well, North East to be exact). Ahhhhhh...SUN...WARMTH...I've missed you both!

Saturday, though beautiful outside was a bit of a bummer inside. My daughter Natalie was sick with some sort of short lived viral thing so we really didn't do much. I did get some Tylenol in her which made her feel good enough to get out briefly with my parents in the evening but most of the day, she just laid around...was burning up with a fairly decent fever. So sad. :(

Sunday, I kept her home from church in the morning just to be on the safe side, but as I said, the sickness was thankfully short lived and she was acting like her normal self all day. My inlaws were in town so we spent the day with them. Kids, of course, were THRILLED. They love when their Cha Cha comes to town for a visit. :) I made a nice lunch for us all which included a chicken and broccoli dish (made in the crock pot - go me) that I made up with some buttered noodles, salad, apple sauce and fresh bread as well as some iced pumpkin muffins for dessert. It was yummy! It's kind of a rare thing for me to make a "big" Sunday afternoon lunch so my husband was ecstatic. ;)


There really isn't any recipe for this because I had no idea what I was going to do...just sorta added things as they came to me...

I threw in boneless, skinless chicken breasts...maybe like 6? Then later added some Cream of Chicken soup...some water...some milk...cut up a bunch of different cheeses and threw them in there...let it simmer...then cooked the broccoli and added that...(you could also cook the broccoli with the chicken but my chicken was already perfectly moist and I didn't want to risk it going dry on me) - I thought that it was really good served over the buttered noodles but you could also do rice or whatever...

These are actually the 1 point "Weight Watcher" pumpkin muffins! You just add a can of pumpkin to a box of spice cake mix (leave out the water, oil, egg etc)...mix it up and bake according to the box directions and viola! Typically, I eat them without the icing but honestly, when I eat them plain like that, they give me terrible heart burn. So, I thought that I would try a little something different this time...added a little icing and then topped them with a few walnuts for looks (and taste). And let me just say...YUM...and NO heart burn. Total winner...loved by all. And I would guess that they are fairly healthy? I didn't add all that much icing since I was almost out of it...just really enough to cover the top and add a little vanilla flavoring.


I'm a little out of order here but look what happened when I cut up my pepper to throw into the salad...

Ahhhhh...I heart peppers. :)

So cute.

I'm excited that we got to spend some time with our wonderful neighbor friends that we haven't seen in a while. Nicolas just loves spending time with our Luke, Sammy and Michael and I love spending time with my Donna. :) We haven't been able to get together recently b/c it seems like someone is always sick so it was nice to catch up outside on her porch while the boys played. :)

Sooooo...now it's Monday once again...but I'm not worried...it's gonna be a good one out there! I recently heard SUNNY and 57! :)

Thinkin' about gettin' outside and doing some yard work...it's lookin' really sad out there...can't wait til the little green heads start poppin up! :)

Happy Monday everyone! :) If you're here on the East Coast...enjoy the SUNSHINE!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...