Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Mother's Day - Dishing It with Amanda @ Serenity Now

I'm linking up to Amanda's Dishing It Party...check her out @ http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/2010/05/dishing-it-party.html - she is such a fun girl and I love her "Dishing It" parties. :)

This month's Dishing It party is all about MOM's - in honor of Mother's Day, of course!


My Mom and I



What's the best thing about your mom?

She is the most giving, sacrificial person I know. She used to stay up with me until all hours of the night helping me with book reports, science projects and the like - at times sending me to bed and finishing the typing for me so that I wouldn't be too tired for school the next day (even though she worked full time and would be tired herself).

She always took such good care of me when I was sick and STILL DOES. When I am ill, to this day, I can call her and she'll come over with ginger ale, medicine and she'll stay to take care of my kids when I am not able to. She is the world's BEST comforter.

She takes awesome care of my kids, thinks of things that I don't and loves them almost as much as I do (though she will forever argue that she loves them even MORE than I do - but we all know that's not possible!)

She has always shown me unconditional love...

She loves to laugh - I LOVE the times when we laugh so much we can hardly breathe...

If your mom isn't around, do you have a family member or mentor who can stand in for her?

My mom is around and I am so thankful to God for her. :)

What's your relationship with your mom like (do you just tolerate each other, or is she your best confidant)?

She is one of my very best friends...I tell her everything...we talk multiple times a week and this time of year, you can find us yard saling together every Saturday morning. Growing up and still to this day, I'd much rather hang out with my mom than almost anyone!

If there is one quality about your mom that you could emulate, what would it be?

I wish that I was as thoughtful and sacrificial as she is. I have such a long long way to go on that. I'm thankful for a great example in her though. I'd also love to have her fabulous sense of direction! She's like her own personal GPS. ;)

What's the best advice your mom has ever given you?

I can't think of any one thing just now but she's really good at talking sense into me when I am tempted to make an impulsive purchase. :)

Describe the most embarrassing outfit your mom made you wear when you were growing up. (If you have a photo of this, I will give you ten bonus points!)

I can't think of anything in particular...my mom always dressed us fairly well, I think.


Mom, if you are reading this...I LOVE YOU!!!

If you're a mom, what's your favorite thing about motherhood? What's the most difficult?

So many things...I love hearing them tell me that they love me...I love their hugs and kisses...I love hearing them tell me that I am their best friend. I love the feeling I get when they want me over anyone else (especially when they are hurting). I love their giggles and when they sing with me in the car. I love the way that their face lights up when they are proud of their own personal accomplishments. I love the way that they smell and look fresh right out of a bath. I love the way that they love me even when I completely screw up over and over again. I love that they forgive even before they get an apology. I love that they love each other and I love seeing their little minds work and how creative they can be. I love so much more about them too!

The most difficult thing is seeing them grow up so fast...and always worrying if they are going to be ok...if they will stay healthy...if they will stay safe. This world can be so cruel and so scary and I worry that they will be hurt physically, emotionally etc


My kiddos

Noah, 22 months old

Natalie, 4 years old

Nicolas, 5 years old

They are my pride and joy x 3! :)


3 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable! Your mom sounds like an amazing woman! I loved reading your favorites about being a Mom, I don't think anyone can say it any better than that! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have a 4 year old Natalie just like me! :) I don't think I've ever met anyone with a Natalie who is my daughter's same age. It's not a common name, but that's why I like it. ;)

    Love the photo of you and your mom! How could I have forgotten all the times my mom "helped" with my school projects. :s

    Thanks so much for linking up to my party. I hope you're having fun "mingling." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love that they forgive even before they get an apology". Amen sister, Amen.

    Your mom sounds like the loveliest of lovelies.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...