Friday, November 19, 2010

Pictures of Our New Fireplace...as promised.

Okay...so...here is our fireplace...


And here is the way that it looks in our room...



Doesn't it provide such a pretty warm glow to the room at night? This picture was taken without the flash...it's dark so you may not be able to see real well but hopefully you get the jist.


Putting the fireplace in place of our "sofa table" has allowed us to rearrange a bit and turn the sofa table into a...well...actual sofa table. So, here you go.



While we're at it...do any of you have those flame-less candles? My mother-in-law bought me a few and I didn't really care for the look of them but found a perfect home for them here:


I never light candles on these shelves for fear that the flame will burn a hole in the shelf above...but now, I have the perfect solution! The light and the warm flicker of a "real candle" with the safety and ease of a fake one! :)

And here is a little something for free. Anyone looking for inexpensive ways to transition your home from all about Halloween to all about Thanksgiving? My suggestion...however amateurish it may be...go ahead and simply write a sweet little message of Thanksgiving on pumpkins you already have. Simple trick for a real treat. Oh so crafty. Haha. ;) Okay so, it may be a little "der" for you...but for those of us who are looking for super simple, super easy, super non-time consuming in any way...yeah...well, anyway...you get it.



Today, I leave you with this...mostly because I am super hungry right now and everything looks good...but also because I promised this recipe a while back and have yet to deliver.


RECIPE COMING SOON!!! And yes, that is a picture of the actual soup I made...thyme sprigs from my own herb garden too! So proud. ;)

Hope you enjoyed!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. The fireplace looks great, as does your new furniture arrangement! I got excited when I saw the soup picture, but then,....no recipe. :-( What a teaser! It looks delicious though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...