On June 24th, 2008, I got the very best birthday present I could have ever received...life. Not only mine but my sweet son's as well. I'll never forget that day. Since we already had a boy and a girl, we decided to let the sex of the baby be a surprise...after I delivered the baby, my husband shouted out..."It's a boy!" and I said, "Oh yeah! I forgot that we didn't know!" Haha! Oh what labor and delivery will do to you. ;) 3 years later, I am still celebrating his life as much as I did that day and even more. Noah Alexander is my birthday gift from God. :) We had a small celebration at my parents house on Friday evening but Friday morning for a short while was all mine. That is one thing about sharing a birthday with someone in your family, you don't get that "my day" moment anymore. And that is okay, don't get me wrong but it's still nice to be able to eek out a little time in the day for myself...to take a deep breath and thank the Lord for another year of this precious life. So, on Friday morning, that is exactly what I did. We happened to be in Long Beach Island, NJ that day and so I woke up early and walked up to the beach...careful not to wake anyone else who might want to join me...
I love the beach. And I always forget just how much I love it until I'm there...


Dear Lord, thank you for being my Lifeguard in this crazy sea of life...If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. - Psalm 139: 9-10
even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. - Psalm 139: 9-10
Footprints in the sand...in moments like this when I'm alone and I don't have any distractions around me...I wonder who these footprints belong to...I believe that this one is that of a child...could it have possibly belonged to one of my children from the day before?
“Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.”
--Anonymous
On my way *home*, I stopped to admire this shell lined walkway...even little beach shanty's like this one are quaint in a beach town...shabby chic in it's truest form...
Isn't it amazing how flowers grow at the beach despite the sandy soil? Especially hydrangeas...my favorite flower...they just thrive...

My soul thrives there as well......but my hair...not so much. ;)
XO
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Jennifer, Glad you got some "you time" on your birthday. You couldn't have pick a more beautiful spot!! God's beauty and wonder were all around you! Life is a gift, we never know when we will have our last birthday. Treasure each one and every day you have with your loved ones...make memories. That is one thing that people will remember long after we are gone. Hope you have lots and lots of birthdays more and beautiful "you time" memories with each one. God is so awesome...He shows it in His creation!! Karen
ReplyDeleteAmen Karen! :) The beach more than any other place does remind me of God's amazing power and goodness. I did treasure my time at the beach...praying for more moments like that before the summer is over. Thanks for the comment! Hope that all is well with you! XO
ReplyDelete