Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Tidbit

I've been a member of Bloggy Mom's for about a month now and quite honestly, I'm really not sure how to use it.


However, I just took a peek at my friend, Julie's, blog and she linked up to Bloggy Moms with a "Tuesday Tidbit" post...so, I'm gonna be a copy cat and do the same... (hi, Julie!)

google.com image

I LOVE THUNDERSTORMS...the crazier the better. When I was a kid, I was scared to death of them, of course...always thinking that with the storm would come the end of the world. To a kid, that is what it sounds like. In fact, my 5 year old daughter just said to me, "Mommy, God must be REALLY mad!!!" My mom used to try to comfort me during a storm by saying that the "angels were bowling" and when lightening struck, they got a strike! The story didn't comfort me all that much as a child but now that I'm older, I can appreciate the humor.

My older two children have never been very afraid of storms - I think perhaps following in my grown up footsteps by getting excited rather than scared. Children really do sense what we as parents are feeling and take their cue from our attitudes and behavior.

Most of the time anyway.

With my youngest son, Noah, he doesn't care if we are throwing the storm a party...he's not having any of it. When storms strike, he comes running...and screaming...and crying...and shaking. It has just stopped storming here but just a few moments ago, my baby was literally unable to be pried off of me. His little arms had a death defying Kung Fu grip around my neck. Even when I went around to close the windows, he LITERALLY held onto my leg for dear life. The poor thing was scared stiff.

And can I be honest?

I love that.

I love being needed by him. My older two children never seemed to NEED me all that much. They seem so grown up at their young ages but Noah...he's a big 3 year old now and still needs me now as much as he did as an infant.

When their grandma's are around, my older two...if hurt...run to them instead of me most of the time. Which makes me sad...and admittedly a little miffed. (which is probably an immature thought, I know - I should just be happy that they have healthy grandparents in their lives that love them)

But not Noah...when Noah is tired...or sad...or hurt...or scared...he comes to me. No one else will do.

It makes me feel really good.

So...bring on those thunderstorms...I know that God is in control...and it's probably not the end of the world...but it does bring with it some Mommy and baby bonding time that reminds me that I'm needed...and loved...and I need that too...probably just as much as he does.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...