Anyway...........Since I do like to switch things up a little bit and I haven't tried a new recipe lately (other than the S'mores Pie 4th of July bomb - they should tell you that it's going to turn to soup in the heat.), I thought that it'd be fun to try 3 recipes from the magazine this week (Challenge anyone?).
I had to go grocery shopping this morning and it was a perfect time to purchase the ingredients I need.
Tonight's dinner is recipe numero uno (Take special note: FAST Chicken Meal - who wants to slave over a hot stove for very long in this dead heat?)
Here's what you'll need:
Chicken: Not pictured (recipe calls for 1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded thin - I personally used chicken tenderloins and didn't pound a single one of'em)Honey mustard (1/4 cup)
Sea Salt (1 tsp) - you could also use kosher
Plain yogurt (1/2 cup)
Cayenne Pepper (1/2 tsp)
Honey - Actually...you don't need honey...I quickly read the ingredients, got everything out and took the picture...when I actually went to put the recipe together, I realized that what I thought said 'honey' actually was just the beginning of 'honey mustard'.
But with the thought of keeping things real, I kept the honey in the picture - just to prove to you that I really do have blonde hair.
K so...how much honey do you need?
NUTTIN' HONEY.
Correct. That was free of charge.
Combine all of the ingredients minus the chicken in a plastic bag
I found that placing a zip lock bag over top of a Tupperware container made for easy pouring/mixing
See here:

Once you have your 'marinade' all mixed up, you can add your chicken, seal the top and get ta shakin'...massage it all in reaaaaal good to make sure that your chicken is evenly coated...I actually thought this part was kinda fun...
Next up...gottagetstagrillin'...My hubby wasn't home when I made these and I am not a big fan of using the gas grill on my own so I used my George Foreman grill...just a little something to keep in mind if you feel like doin' the same (Plus, it's healthier!).
Added just a sprinkle of parsley for color - and look, I even got some nice grill marks! :)
Served this with...Corn on the cob (melt in your mouth DELISH and from my local farmer's market - I wonder if it would be okay to eat corn on the cob everyday?)
Roasted zucchini, red bell peppers and red onionsBefore being roasted - don't you just love all of that beautiful color???
And after (Seasoned with EVOO, sea salt and black pepper)
Threw in some rice pilaf and apple sauce (not pictured) for good measure and we had ourselves a feast!
Now THAT is what I call YUMMO, Rachael.Now if I could only do it all up in under 30 minutes...
XO


Looks like what my kids will enjoy eating. Visiting from voiceBoks.
ReplyDeleteIt was a big hit with my kids! Thanks Nekky! :)
ReplyDelete