...we received our Saxon Math books and our Math Manipulatives (how fun are those?!)
...and I received these cute little owl art display clips from Maple Shade Kids
Made in the USA, Eco Friendly, Handmade and Super Cute
(though they are a little smaller than I thought)
How simple is their packaging? (all recycled materials)
AND they threw in a little owl magnet as a Thank You gift...how nice!
:)
OH...and how could I forget? My dad came over and put my "built-in" bookshelf together - it's finished...just need to paint it. Looks awesome though! So much better than I was planning for. I am so thankful for my dad. He is the director of Reformer's Unanimous (addictions program) at our church and he is literally on call ALL THE TIME. He even got a call when he was at my house for dinner last night. These days, he is working at the church full time AND he still finds time for his daughters (and our ongoing house projects) on his days "off" (is there really such a thing?). I am so thankful to have an example of such a loving man in my life...someone who is always "on call" for the people he loves. Even when he is tired and worn out from a long day, he doesn't say "no" (even though he would probably really rather not)...he's just so giving of his time...his energy...his love. He's one of the best people I know! Love you, Dad!!! XOXO
So, that is what we have so far. The project is going a little more slowly than I would like but it's going. It feels really good to see some progress. I am taking pictures along the way and can't wait to share with you all the final results! I'm loving it so far!
Today, we'll be finishing the wall paint and trim...and perhaps I'll get a chance to work on my filing cabinet...or shutters? I need some sheet metal...
I smell a trip to Lowe's later today...I'm starting to feel like I live there.
:)





No comments:
Post a Comment