I'm falling behind (pun intended) with the Autumn link-up parties this week! So, I'm gonna catch up with one fell swoop. Better get started...
Last Thursday was the Door Decor Party over @ Rhoda's...
Whaddya think? Fashionably late? Better late than never? :)
Tuesday was the Fall Craft Party over @ Kate's. I have to admit that I sort of don't have anything prepared for this party...I mean, not really. BUT...I did make this wreath the other day...which was sort of crafty so I'm gonna link this baby up...
I didn't pay even one cent to re-do this wreath...just blood, sweat and a NASTY blister on my right hand ring finger from literally plunging my finger into some HOT glue. K, haven't had pain like that since I had my last child and honestly, I am not sure even THAT was as painful as this. Anyway, back to the wreath...I stripped down my spring wreath which basically was just a bunch of forsythia branches stuck into it...added the berry twigs which I had on hand...hot glued the straw and glitter pumpkins (didn't realize until afterwards that there are 5 pumpkins - one for each person in our family - awwwww)...and then found an E in some craft stuff that I decided to cut down and turn into an F (for our last name). OH and I ripped some leaves off of some fall garland to act as a backdrop. Hung it from some jute string on our back door. Easy Peasy. The fact that this project was FREE was a total bonus. Love re-style. :)
Okay so that brings me to TODAY! Yay! Love getting all caught up. :)
Today's fall decor party is Outdoor Decor over @ Sarah's...
This year, I opted not to spend an arm and a leg on fall decor so I used things that I already had on hand. Since fall is my FAV time of year to decorate for, I didn't have to fight too hard to find things to work with.
That great little red desk was given to me by one of my mom's friends a few years ago. It's been sitting in my garage all this time...what a waste. So happy to have finally found a home for it. I think that it's super cute...great original color and I love that it carries our homeschool vibe outdoors. :)
The shutter was made by me the other day. I have 6 of those things...if you remember, I highjacked them from my neighbors trash last year. :) I don't believe this will be it's finally resting place, but I am enjoying it for now. I spray painted it a metallic antique bronze color because that is what I had on hand and wrote the WE DO quote on it (courtesy of Pinterest) with chalkboard markers. Though hung too high (which I plan on fixing), I think that it's a fun little "extra" in our little fall vignette. :)
We are SO loving our new hang out spot...especially in the evenings...when the fall air is at it's finest. Chilly...but cozy in our special spot. The white lights and candles add warmth and beauty...a special reminder of why I love this time of year so much!
So friends, thank you for checking out our fall decor this year! I have so enjoyed this opportunity to link up with some other fabulous bloggers and see what they've got cookin' up over at their places. I definitely have gathered lots of great ideas for NEXT YEAR. :)
Happy Fall Ya'll!
XO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























Lovely decor! And I have to say - fantastic wreath!! Sorry for all the pain it caused you, but it turned out amazing. I'm working on a similar berry style fall wreath right now myself, and it's going atrociously. You've given me some great inspiration to try to save it - thank you!
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Christina
designingbynumbers.blogspot.com