Saturday, February 20, 2010

Comfort Zone's

I'd like to talk to you a little bit about comfort zone's today...and specifically about my own comfort zone. However, my heart and mind haven't quite had a chance to sit down and chat about the words with which I'd like to write so I am going to save that for a little later on. While I am thinking about comfort zone's though, I thought that it would be kind of fun to share with you some of my favorite STYLE comfort zone's. For those of you who know me, you KNOW that I love warm & cozy spaces. Spaces that make you wanna grab your favorite beverage, curl up with an ultra soft throw and chat with your best friend for hours kind of cozy space. Love those.

First up...here is a little piece of my personal space...HOME. Which is ultimately the most comfortable space for me and my family. It's a work in progress but it's where my heart is.


But as with all lover's of interior design, my heart sometimes loves to wander to see what it can see... ;)

Feast your eyes on this!

Ahhhhhh...The Lettered Cottage... This is Kevin & Layla Palmer's reading room...heavenly, right? For more of their completely GORG cottage; go to www.theletteredcottage.net - they are AMAZING (and so fun too)

Next...

K....Oh.My.Word. How fabulous is THIS child's comfort zone? I'm definitely going to put this in my inspiration book for future reference... I LOVE the colors...and those letters on the walls...YUM.

Check out these ultra fun comfort zones...

Ooooooooh.la.la.laaaaaa

Although, I wouldn't necessarily call a kitchen "comfortable"...I came across this one and had to take a triple take...it's so great...

This is a more subdued, traditional look but I love the color...I could see me doing something like this with my own living room.

This is completely RANDOM but how great are these pumpkins??? Gives me some good ideas for next fall...

Love this...(especially that ottoman)

(Photo Courtesy of Cottage Living)

Cute pillows, huh? And the hydrangeas...oh, the hydrangeas...

(Photo courtesy of www.decorpad.com)

Design bi-polar anyone? As much as I love BOLD...I also very much love softer more muted palates like the one below. I can't quite figure out which is more true to my personality though... :(

(Photo courtesy of Cottage Living)

Lastly, this is just too cool...

I nicknamed this look "Sticks and Stones" ;)

(P.S. I am soooo excited b/c I actually OWN that thing that she has her magazine's and newspapers in...only ours serves it's purpose as a trashcan in our bathroom. ;)

Ok now...I seriously have to get back to real life and being a Mommy...the natives are getting restless. Hope that you enjoyed today's eye candy. I know, I did!

What does YOUR comfort zone look like? :)


XO

"Interiors speak! Rooms emphasize whether one exists or lives, and there is a great difference between the two! "


- Van Day Truex



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your comfort zones! :) And I especially love the one YOU have created, you have quite the gift for interior design so don't sell yourself short! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...