An interview with myself...
1. Let's start with your name, or just a nickname if you're shy: My name is Jennifer.
2. A run down of your kids? Names and ages? I have three beautiful children; Nicolas just turned 5, Natalie will be 4 next month and Noah will be 2 in June.

3. What are your favorite activities or hobbies? Well...obviously I am a huge fan of the internet...facebook, blogging, searching for yummy recipes to make for my family and youtube are a few of my current online "hobbies". I also really love decorating and dreaming up fun ideas for how to improve my space. Oh and yard saling come spring time...I'm a bit of a yard sale junkie. :) I also love to read...4. What did you enjoy learning when you were in school?--if you went to school! To be honest with you, I was never really in to school. If I have to choose though, I suppose biology and literature were my fav subjects. I did however, always love school supplies. STILL love school supplies though now I guess they are technically more like office supplies...notebooks, pens, fun paperclips...ahhhhhh... ;)
5. A brief story of your wedding? What year? I got married to my husband, Jeremy, in July of 2004. We planned it within 2 months. I got some great recommendations from friends on things like flowers, cake, venues and what not and we wound up going with our first picks on all accounts. It was fun, easy...though I guess especially so since my ideals had been in my head since I was a little girl. ;) My mother-in-law designs and creates couture wedding gowns so she made my dress as her gift to me. It was amazing. We got married in a garden outside...the day was perfect...not too hot...just right. Not a single thing went wrong...it was just such a special day. :)
6. Tell me about your home. How do you like to decorate? Any 'themes"? I love my home but it's been a little bit of a bugger to decorate. I have so many ideas and it's been really hard to choose which route to go. A lot of it is still a work in progress. Don't really have any theme's per se...except my roosters in my kitchen...I have accumulated quite a few of those. ;)7. Do you have collections or what's your most favorite personal item or treasure? I'll have to come back to this one...I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now...
8. Do you enjoy cooking and what are your favorite meals? I do actually really enjoy cooking but enjoy it more if I have guests come over and feel like I can make something special that they would really enjoy. It's a little less fun cooking for picky eaters like my kiddos. My husband isn't a foodie like me and so he is happy with very basic items like rice and beans. When I do put on a feast, I like to go all out...from soup to nuts. :) My favorite meal that I have ever made was a Roasted Herb and Garlic Beef Tenderloin with Swiss Style Twice Baked Potatoes, Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Roasted Peppers, tossed salad and followed up with Turtle Cheesecake. Seriously MELT.IN.YOUR.MOUTH. :)9. Do your kids like their veggies or do you struggle to get them to eat them? I am so blessed in that they actually really do like their veggies and I never struggle with them to eat them.
10. What sort of vacation do you enjoy most? Before having kids, the more extravagant the better...lots of site seeing, nice restaurants...etc. BUT kids kinda changed a lot of that...now I am more of a Jersey Shore, same house every year kind of thing...it's easy...we know what there is to do...it just feels more relaxed when we don't have to put in a huge effort to plan anything crazy... We still like to go to new places with the kids but they are shorter trips...
By the way....not THIS Jersey Shore...
THIS Jersey Shore...

Isn't he cute? He's our little Situation. ;)
11. Do you work outside the home? What do you do? Do you like what you do? I'm a stay at home mom and I love what I do. I feel extremely lucky. 12. Do you have pets? What are their names? No pets. My husband is kinda anti-pet but it's fine with me b/c the Lord knows that I have enough to clean up after the 3 little ones I have...I don't think that I could handle a pet on top of them right now.
13. How about siblings? A brief little run down on them? I have an amazing younger sister, Julie. She and I used to fight like caged animals growing up but now she is my better 1/2. Seriously can't imagine life without her. She helps me get through this crazy life and I love her more than I could ever really express. She's just the best. :)
14. Are your parents still living? Yes, and we are super close. Love them!
15. Do you enjoy wearing jewelry? What's your favorite, besides your wedding ring, of course? I don't just enjoy wearing jewelry...I feel naked without it. The more fun the piece is, the better. Currently, I'm going a little classic with basic large pearl earrings and I love the feminine frame it puts around my face but I also love big, bold pieces as well. Costume jewelry all the way. ;)
Can I just tell you that I am in absolute LOVE with Forever 21's jewelry?!?!
16. What's your favorite perfume, soap, shampoo, make-up? I don't wear perfume as a general rule b/c typically a scent that is too perfumey makes me nauseous and headachey after a while. I found a pink grapefruit scent forever ago that was my dream scent but it was long ago discontinued and I haven't found one like it since. One scent that I do love and haven't bought in forever though is Ginger Essence by Origins...it's very pretty and sensual...I should pick up some more of that soon... Right now, my soap of choice is Olay Ribbons Creme body wash. Shampoo is Pantene Pro V Restorations or something like that and it's awful. My hair is falling out and it makes it really dry. False advertising! :( Make-up really varies...I do own Bare Minerals but I also am a big drug store junkie... Thinking of getting more into investment make-up though...possibly MAC...
17. Do you like candles and air-fresheners in your home? What are your favorite smells? I like my home to smell like something is baking...so scents like spiced pumpkin, apple, hazelnut, lemon etc are my favs...
18. Do you enjoy shopping and what are your favorite stores? Do I enjoy shopping...um...YES! I love Target for fun stuff for cheap...also love love love stores like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, HomeGoods... And then funky little boutiques for fun jewelry and unique finds...
19. When you shop, what do you like to buy? Mostly stuff for the house or the kids...I rarely buy clothes for myself but I should... I also love to buy jewelry or accessories like bags and what not...
20. What kind of car(s) do you have and what is your dream car? I have a Chrysler Town and Country Touring minivan...which I do actually love despite having to be dragged kicking and screaming to the dealership... ;) My "realistic" dream car is a Land Rover Discovery...don't know why, just always has been. I'll own one someday too...mark my words. My totally irrational dream car is a cherry red Ferrari...oh yes...that car is intense...I kinda don't care what model...it's just amazingly HOT.
21. Some may not want to share, and that's okay, but do you attend church, and what denomination do you consider yourself? Of course I want to share! Yes, I do attend church regularly...and I attend a baptist church however, I just consider myself a born-again Christian...completely imperfect but saved by His amazing grace... :)
Also, were you raised in church and did you stay with the same denomination your parents brought you up? Yes and yes.
22. Do you follow politics at all and try to get out to vote at each election? I follow politics very losely...kind of like a playoff fan, I am an election year fan...if that makes any sense. And yes, I absolutely vote when the time comes.
(Again, some may not wish to discuss religion and politics..that's okay!)
23. Lighter now...lol...Are you a baker? Enjoy making desserts and cookies and pies? YES YES YES! Baking is one of my very favorite things to do. :)
24. Do you garden or enjoy having flowers around? I have a very black thumb but I do absolutely love having flowers around. Hydrangeas, peonies, lilacs and other big statement flowers are my favorites...
25. What was your childhood like? Born in the city, country, ocean side, mountains? Born and raised in suburbia...
26. What area of the country do you live in now? What is your town/city like? Have we heard of it!? I live not far from where I grew up but things have changed a lot since I was a kid. In the last few years, almost every field around us has been overtaken with shopping centers, housing developments and new schools... It's both a good thing and a bad thing... Where we used to have to drive a little ways to get to a good restaurant or shopping district, now we have to drive a little ways to see the country...
27. Do you like to swim? Ride a bike? Do you purposely set out to exercise? I have a gym membership which I don't utilize as much as I would like and I've been having walking dates with a friend of mine lately. I would say that I when I do exercise, it's definitely on purpose...lol
28. Have any of your good friends been your friend for longer than 15 years? Oh yes, a lot of them...I went to a very small Christian school for all 13 years of kindergarten through 12th grade and I keep in touch with quite of few of my friends that I've known since our kindergarten days...
29. Why is your best friend your best friend? What makes a friendship last? It's just a connection, I think. We clicked instantly...kind of like "love at first sight"...lol It just was and it still is. We've had ups and downs but through it all we've only gotten closer over time...
30. Do you get along with your family? What about your in-laws? Are you happy with his entire family? I get along with my family GREAT...we're very close and I do love the majority of his family as well. I'm very blessed.
31. I thought this was a cute question I've seen: Reach out your arm to your left. What is closest at hand? Nothing really...or maybe my husband piano keyboard?
And to your right? My Twilight posters...lol Shhhhhh...I don't wanna hear it. ;)

32. Do you like photos of your beloved's around the house or mostly an album person? I do love frames...have some but would like a lot more...I'm bad with getting photos developed...most of them live in our computer...
33. Scrapbooking has become so big. Have you created a scrapbook yet for anyone? Does it interest you? It does interest me but I don't make time for things like that usually...maybe once the kiddos are in school, I'll play with that more. I'd love to make baby albums for my kiddos...
34. Do you have any special talents, do you sing, play an instrument, paint/draw, craft? I decorate...I don't know if it's a special talent or not, but that's what I do. I also do a lot of graphic design with my own party invitations and what not...
35. Do you have an Avon lady and enjoy shopping at home in that way? No.
36. Do you shop online or enjoy sites like Ebay and what do you like to buy? I typically like to see and feel what I am buying so I stay away from a lot of online shopping.
37. Are you a reader? What are some of your favorite books and authors? Oh yes...I love to read...the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer is a huge love of mine...and I am currently reading every other vampire series known to man. lol Um...right now, I have Frostbite which is the second book in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I'm also a fan of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella.
38. Do you enjoy movies? What are your all time favorites? I do love movies. My all time favs are New Moon, The Holiday, Sweet Home Alabama, Clueless, 10 Things I Hate About You and the Proposal. I also love classic comedies like Napoleon Dynamite, Old School, Wedding Crashers and the like...
39. Are you a neat-nick, or prefer a more relaxed atmosphere at home? I'm a schizo when it comes to housecleaning...kind of a little of both depending on my mood...
40. If you have an hour all to yourself, what do you want to do? I can usually be found on the internet or reading a book...
42. How long have you been online? Um...I don't know...definitely over 10 years now...
What are some sites you visit online? Youtube is a fav...my fav blog sites...facebook...twitter...google...
41. What's your favorite time of year and Holiday? I love fall and Halloween...
43. Name me one thing you own that is SO neat and probably no one else has one it's so cool: Um...I don't know...my kids are pretty cool and I know that no one else has them! :)
44. Do you prefer sleeping alone, or hate being away from your husband at night? I like my husband by my side...we keep each other warm. :) I definitely don't sleep as well when he's not with me.
45. Does he snore? Do you? Do you allow pets in the bed? We both snore off and on...it's just a fact of life...thankfully we are both fairly heavy sleepers so we don't keep each other awake. ;) And no, we don't have any pets so we don't allow them in bed. We do however often get stowaway kids that like to join us...
46. What troubles you the most? Lack of finances, poor communication with hubby, difficult children...? Oh, I am a sure a little of all of those at one time or another...
47. Are you really happy, or are there a lot of difficulties and struggles right now for you? I have struggles for sure but in this moment, I am fairly content and happy...as for tomorrow, who knows...today is about all I can handle right now. :)
48. What is your dream for retirement? Where do you see yourself at 65? I don't know...that thought scares me so I don't really wanna think about it right now. ;)
49. What time is it right now? 11:56 p.m. too late...time for bed!
50. Was this survey too long and boring, or fun for you? It was fun but definitely a little long...
Whew! That WAS long, wasn't it?
Did I get the job?
Hopefully now you have a little glimpse of who I am and what makes me tick. I'd love to tag you all and hear what you have to say as well! If you do this, please leave me a comment and let me know so that I can check out YOUR interview. :)Night night all! It is way past my bedtime and this post has me worn out!
XO






OK - that was super cute and the "Jersey Shore" thing was HILARIOUS!! XO
ReplyDelete