I heart Pottery Barn.
Ok wait...this just came to mind...
Was anyone a major Friends lover a few years back??? Oh, I was...and I so miss them. The reruns just aren't the same. :( ♪♫ I'll be there for you...cause you're there for me too... ♪♫
I was so there for you Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Chandler, Ross and Joey! ;)
Okay Jennifer...hello...point??? Focus girl...
Anyone remember the "Pottery Barn" episode? :)
Funny...flash forward 10 or so years later and I keep thinking...sixty bucks...SIXTY BUCKS...what is THAT going to buy at Pottery Barn??? Certainly not that two hundred dollar lamp!
Anyhow...bit of a rabbit trail but even looking at that Pottery Barn window in the video, I think...wow, those items are so classic that they STILL look fabulous...I would so buy those items now for my own house (on the minute chance that I actually did win the lottery someday)!
So again...
35
10 (or until they finally part ways...which hopefully will be sooner than that...)
This is the one that I am thinking of going with...though, I don't know...I am kinda having a hard time with the pastel pinks...soooo not my thing...it'd be so much easier if I could do an all boy room or an all girl room...but alas, we've got to deal with what we're workin' with...
I found these bunk beds @ a wholesale furniture store and I'm totally into them...we'll be ordering them in black not white as shown here:

They are the Cottage Collection by Basset Furniture (Pottery Barn furniture would be WAY more expensive and really, not that much better lookswise, in my opinion)
Ok...this post is WAY too long...I have to get back to organizing my office...for like the 80th time since the beginning of the year. The computer is in here and it's a death trap for me. Oy.
XO
Anyhow...bit of a rabbit trail but even looking at that Pottery Barn window in the video, I think...wow, those items are so classic that they STILL look fabulous...I would so buy those items now for my own house (on the minute chance that I actually did win the lottery someday)!
So again...
I heart Pottery Barn.
It's delicious.
I like this...but let's face it, it's a little babyish...and truthfully, if I am going to shell out some serious cash for bedding then I really want it to last at least until they are It's delicious.
The main reason why I am thinking of PB this morning is because I've been checking out their PB Kids catalog and salivating over some room options for my kiddos future bedroom (currently under construction).
When we bought our house a couple of years ago, I just fell.in.love. And sometimes when you fall in love, all practicality goes right out the original tempered glass true divided windows. HENCE, why I thought that a family of 5 would be a.ok. living in an ultra cute but ultra teeny 2 bedroom home. I mean seriously...optional 3rd bedroom...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. I.think.not. But hey, you sold this girl so I guess it was a good call for you, you sneaky realtor, you. The plan is to eventually add on but for now my 3 little munchkins need to share their space. The room is certainly (and thankfully) large enough to accomodate the three musketeers BUT the design dilemma is that 2 of them are rough and tumble little boys and 1 is my very sweet Natalie Rose...even her name screams GIRLY GIRL.
I'm all about interior design. It's in my blood. Somewhere along the line I was bitten by the decorating bug and I just cannot get her venom out of my system. K...you may think that this isn't necessarily a problem but HELLO...have you seen the decorating options for shared spaces?? Most of them are GROSS with a capital UGH. Primary colors? Really? (Please don't be offended if you have primary colored kids rooms - this is just my personal opinion for my own personal space - I am sure that your spaces look beautiful!) ANYWAY...I've been peeking at PB and I've found some feasible options...FINALLY some cute SHARED spaces. :)
First one:

When we bought our house a couple of years ago, I just fell.in.love. And sometimes when you fall in love, all practicality goes right out the original tempered glass true divided windows. HENCE, why I thought that a family of 5 would be a.ok. living in an ultra cute but ultra teeny 2 bedroom home. I mean seriously...optional 3rd bedroom...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. I.think.not. But hey, you sold this girl so I guess it was a good call for you, you sneaky realtor, you. The plan is to eventually add on but for now my 3 little munchkins need to share their space. The room is certainly (and thankfully) large enough to accomodate the three musketeers BUT the design dilemma is that 2 of them are rough and tumble little boys and 1 is my very sweet Natalie Rose...even her name screams GIRLY GIRL.
I'm all about interior design. It's in my blood. Somewhere along the line I was bitten by the decorating bug and I just cannot get her venom out of my system. K...you may think that this isn't necessarily a problem but HELLO...have you seen the decorating options for shared spaces?? Most of them are GROSS with a capital UGH. Primary colors? Really? (Please don't be offended if you have primary colored kids rooms - this is just my personal opinion for my own personal space - I am sure that your spaces look beautiful!) ANYWAY...I've been peeking at PB and I've found some feasible options...FINALLY some cute SHARED spaces. :)
First one:

35
10 (or until they finally part ways...which hopefully will be sooner than that...)
This is the one that I am thinking of going with...though, I don't know...I am kinda having a hard time with the pastel pinks...soooo not my thing...it'd be so much easier if I could do an all boy room or an all girl room...but alas, we've got to deal with what we're workin' with...
I found these bunk beds @ a wholesale furniture store and I'm totally into them...we'll be ordering them in black not white as shown here:
They are the Cottage Collection by Basset Furniture (Pottery Barn furniture would be WAY more expensive and really, not that much better lookswise, in my opinion)
Here is Natalie's bed...a little more girly but also in black...

This is also made by Basset Furniture, Cottage Collection (You may not be able to tell, but the headboard and foot board are slatted like the bunk beds shown above. Thought that this headboard spoke more of Natalie's femininity than a more basic one)

This is also made by Basset Furniture, Cottage Collection (You may not be able to tell, but the headboard and foot board are slatted like the bunk beds shown above. Thought that this headboard spoke more of Natalie's femininity than a more basic one)
There is a "nook" in the room that will be all hers...it looks a little different than the rest of the room...just enough to make her feel like she has her own personal space. My goal is to decorate that section of the room a little more feminine than the rest. Still have yet to figure out how to do that but doing a lot of research on my options...
If we decide to go with this look, I'll more than likely use the sage color as a universal accent color throughout the room...
Still very unsure about paint color. I'm typically someone who loves paint with actual COLOR...whites and off-whites always say "incomplete" to me unless the entire room is done in shades of white, cream, neutrals... I don't know...that is just me... I was kinda thinking that if I did choose a white or off-white color (to offset the darkness of the furniture), I'd at least do something fun with an accent color...perhaps horizontal stripes or something fun like that.
I don't want to do super "matchy match" but I'd like to have a very loose "theme" (in keeping with my asthetical OCD). More like a color theme not like a cartoon theme (uh...no).
If we decide to go with this look, I'll more than likely use the sage color as a universal accent color throughout the room...
Still very unsure about paint color. I'm typically someone who loves paint with actual COLOR...whites and off-whites always say "incomplete" to me unless the entire room is done in shades of white, cream, neutrals... I don't know...that is just me... I was kinda thinking that if I did choose a white or off-white color (to offset the darkness of the furniture), I'd at least do something fun with an accent color...perhaps horizontal stripes or something fun like that.
I don't want to do super "matchy match" but I'd like to have a very loose "theme" (in keeping with my asthetical OCD). More like a color theme not like a cartoon theme (uh...no).
Ok...this post is WAY too long...I have to get back to organizing my office...for like the 80th time since the beginning of the year. The computer is in here and it's a death trap for me. Oy.
XO

I agree, pick a color for the room and a common accent color. If it were me, I'd probably look for a pattern that is the same for the boys and girls bedding but more girly colors for Nat..(but also having that common accent color) (for instance, like blue and brown for the boys and pink and brown for Nat) I think bunk beds for the boys and the bed for Nat are great since they have the same design lines. The nook for Nat will be fun. You could put a curtain there so she could even close it off, sort-off and feel like she has a girls only space. Have fun with it! I know you will come up with something brilliant!
ReplyDelete