the kids had a BLAST
(as per Nicolas who described his time in the snow as "Awesome...I am having a BLAST!")
(as per Nicolas who described his time in the snow as "Awesome...I am having a BLAST!")
I took 100 pictures to prove it.
...and here they are...
...just kidding!
I actually really did take 100 pictures, but I'll just share a few of them with you. ;)






At some point on Saturday, when all of the outdoor play had taken it's toll and the party moved inside for some more WARM relaxing events, I got a glimpse of my oldest son, Nicolas...
Every day, he seems to grow before my eyes... He just turned 5 last month and when I look at him, I don't see a baby anymore! He speaks like a big 5 year old, he acts like a big 5 year old... The thought of him growing up so fast actually made me cry! For a moment, I could almost not remember what it felt like to hold him as a baby... He just seems so darn grown up at times!

I'm thankful for these moments...when God pricks my heart to look at my children like that. Even though it's hard to think of them not being babies anymore and becoming less and less dependent on Mommy...it also makes me stop and think that NOW IS THE TIME...to treasure them and to teach them and to build them up and love them so that they can go out into the world and do the same things for their own kids someday.
Some days are hard, Moms...we all have 'em...especially when the kiddos are little and so needy... We're short on sleep and short on patience... There are some days when I think..."Will they please just grow up already! This is HARD!" But now is the time to cherish. It seems like every time I turn around, the kids are a little taller...a little brighter...a little more grown up... Before I know it, they are going to be taller than me...probably ALL of them too! I'm gonna long for the days when they are giggling uncontrollably when they are supposed to be sleeping, gettin' into toddler trouble (which I am confident is going to be a lot easier to deal with than teenager trouble) , breakin' things and coloring on the walls. It may seem really hard to believe when we are in the thick of it and you may not know it now...but we're gonna miss this...
Trace Adkins - Then They Do
Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a gift from the Lord..." (NASB)
Every day, he seems to grow before my eyes... He just turned 5 last month and when I look at him, I don't see a baby anymore! He speaks like a big 5 year old, he acts like a big 5 year old... The thought of him growing up so fast actually made me cry! For a moment, I could almost not remember what it felt like to hold him as a baby... He just seems so darn grown up at times!
This picture wasn't just taken yesterday?

I'm thankful for these moments...when God pricks my heart to look at my children like that. Even though it's hard to think of them not being babies anymore and becoming less and less dependent on Mommy...it also makes me stop and think that NOW IS THE TIME...to treasure them and to teach them and to build them up and love them so that they can go out into the world and do the same things for their own kids someday.
Some days are hard, Moms...we all have 'em...especially when the kiddos are little and so needy... We're short on sleep and short on patience... There are some days when I think..."Will they please just grow up already! This is HARD!" But now is the time to cherish. It seems like every time I turn around, the kids are a little taller...a little brighter...a little more grown up... Before I know it, they are going to be taller than me...probably ALL of them too! I'm gonna long for the days when they are giggling uncontrollably when they are supposed to be sleeping, gettin' into toddler trouble (which I am confident is going to be a lot easier to deal with than teenager trouble) , breakin' things and coloring on the walls. It may seem really hard to believe when we are in the thick of it and you may not know it now...but we're gonna miss this...
In the early rush of morning,
Trying to get the kids to school:
One's hanging on my shirt-tail,
Another's locked up in her room.
And I'm yelling up the stairs:
"Stop worrying 'bout your hair, you look fine."
Then they're fightin' in the backseat,
And I'm playing referee.
Now someone's gotta go,
The moment that we leave.
And everybody's late,
I swear that I can't wait till they grow up.
Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.
Now the youngest is starting college,
She'll be leavin' in the Fall.
And Brianna's latest boyfriend,
Called to ask if we could talk.
And I got the impression,
That he's about to pop the question any day.
I look over at their pictures,
Sittin' in their frames.
I see them as babies:
I guess that'll never change.
You pray all their lives,
That someday they will find happiness.
Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.
No more Monday PTA's,
No carpools, or soccer games.
Your work is done.
Now you've got time that's all your own.
You've been waitin' for so long,
For those days to come.
Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.
Ah, then they do.
Trying to get the kids to school:
One's hanging on my shirt-tail,
Another's locked up in her room.
And I'm yelling up the stairs:
"Stop worrying 'bout your hair, you look fine."
Then they're fightin' in the backseat,
And I'm playing referee.
Now someone's gotta go,
The moment that we leave.
And everybody's late,
I swear that I can't wait till they grow up.
Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.
Now the youngest is starting college,
She'll be leavin' in the Fall.
And Brianna's latest boyfriend,
Called to ask if we could talk.
And I got the impression,
That he's about to pop the question any day.
I look over at their pictures,
Sittin' in their frames.
I see them as babies:
I guess that'll never change.
You pray all their lives,
That someday they will find happiness.
Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.
No more Monday PTA's,
No carpools, or soccer games.
Your work is done.
Now you've got time that's all your own.
You've been waitin' for so long,
For those days to come.
Then they do, and that's how it is.
It's just quiet in the mornin',
Can't believe how much you miss,
All they do and all they did.
You want all the dreams they dreamed of to come true:
Then they do.
Ah, then they do.
Trace Adkins - Then They Do
Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a gift from the Lord..." (NASB)


Great post! Makes me sad! My youngest just turned 6!!! Not one ounce of baby left! :-(
ReplyDeleteAhhh, yes it is nice that they are more independent, but sometimes I wish I could hold them on my shoulder as sleeping babies again. Treasure every minute of it!!