Thursday, February 11, 2010

Red Light Green Light

Photobucket

This morning I woke up with a ginormous pit in my stomach...

...did the light turn red or green?!?!?!

DID THE LIGHT TURN RED OR GREEN?!?!?!

Now that I am awake...how am I ever going to know?

It wasn't a pleasant feeling to wake up to.

I woke up in that tremendous state of panic because I had a bad dream...

...and I remember it pretty clearly so let me share it with you...

There was a party...a BIG one...I seemed to be hosting but I could have just been there...I was doing a lot of serving people drinks and people seemed to be looking to me a lot for answers about the party etc and oh yeah, there was one point that I am pretty sure there were quite a lot of people gathered in my kitchen.

I didn't recognize too many people from the party...at least not at a glance. The only one that I did actually recognize was my good friend, Gina, who I have been friends with since the first day of kindergarten. She seemed to stay by my side for most of the party.

Okay, I am getting hung up on details...still trying to look for clues, I guess.

ANYWAY...this party was taking place at night for sure...it was dark, I remember...

Soon it was time for everyone to go home...somehow I needed to leave as well...

We all gathered and I said that we had to go outside and stand in a line to wait for the bus...

The people were wrapped around the building...there were thousands of them it seemed...maybe more...

This is the part where the dream gets scary...

We were waiting for the bus...but this was no ordinary bus.

This bus was a heavenly bus...(though it still looked like your traditional school bus being that awful puke yellow color)

We each had to board individually...we couldn't ride together...

One person would get on the bus and the driver would drive a little ways up the road (in perfect view of the rest of the party goers still waiting for their turn to ride)

There was a bus stop ahead...when the bus reached that point, a light would turn on...

GREEN if your name was found in the Lambs Book of Life...

Red if it wasn't.

If it turned red, you had to get off...

Obviously, red isn't good.

I remember that there were quite a few people in front of me who's light's turned red...

I don't remember too many turning green, if any...

My turn came and I boarded the bus.

The bus driver drove...but he didn't stop at the bus stop...he kept driving...

And I screamed! "WAIT!!! Did it turn green or red?!?!?! DID IT TURN GREEN OR RED?!?!?!"

And then I woke up...

And I never found out...

Where is Daniel when you need him? Because I really would do just about anything to find out what that dream meant. I don't remember thinking about the Lamb's Book of Life last night...

Is it just my fear and doubt rearing it's ugly head again? (I kinda debunked this theory b/c I know that Satan can't get into your head...and the fear and doubt definitely doesn't come from the ONE who can)

Me and all my infantile wisdom (yes, I said INFANTILE and not INFINITE) got to thinking this morning that maybe it's the Lord telling me that I need to stop partyin' and start living for Him rather than myself. I need to get ready to get on the bus with my Word induced God confidence KNOWING (equipped with the PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING) that the light is most definitely going to turn green. Now please understand that by "partyin", I don't actually mean with kegs and dance party USA. That is almost laughable in my current state of being a Stay-at-Home Mom to 3 little ones...my dance party USA days are over and replaced by dancin' with Barney and the occasional Veggie Tale tune... But "partyin" to me in this sense, may be me not taking my life for the Lord seriously. Yes, I go to church...yes, I pray with my kids...yes, I know right from wrong and make sure that everyone else does too... BUT...have I taken my life for God really SERIOUSLY???

No.

Life is a party here on earth, isn't it? I mean...especially here in America...

We are really livin' it up...

Nothing stops us from doing what we want to do...

BUT...the thing that we, even as Christians, tend to forget is that someday we are going to get on that bus...

The Lambs Book of Life is going to be opened...and our name is going to be searched for...

I want my light to turn green...and what is even more is that I want to be confident that it's going to turn green...(not because of what I have done but because of what HE has done)

Please don't misunderstand me and think that salvation is WORKS driven...it's not...

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” -Ephesians 2:8,9

So, even if you are "partyin'" and not taking the Lord seriously, that doesn't mean that your light isn't going to turn green...

It's just that your life up until then may be empty...b/c let's face it...at the end of most parties, you can THINK that you had a good time and there could be some fun memories, but what did it really contribute to your life? I have heard people reminisce about their partyin' days and describe them as being very empty. I don't want my life to be empty anymore.

I need to start taking the Lord seriously and I need to start getting ready to get on that heavenly bus.

I have but one life to live...

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...