Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snickerdoodles!

(Photo taken from www.eatmedelicious.com)

K...um...YUM.

The other day my husband brought cookies home from work and in the assorted array of goodness, were a few snickerdoodles...

I don't remember ever LOVING snickerdoodles before but I certainly do now. YUM-MO.

For some odd reason, with all the snow we've been getting lately, I've had an insatiable desire to BAKE.

The other day, I made chocolate chip cookies, yesterday I made cinnamon rolls and today...

...SNICKERDOODLES.

My kids are loving the baked goods...my waist, not so much. Oy.

Anyway, I want to share this recipe with you. They are an awesome cookie to make if you aren't necessarily PLANNING on baking anything. The ingredients are ones that most of us have on hand at any given time.

(By the way, MOST snickerdoodle recipes call for cream of tartar. I didn't have any on hand so I searched for recipes that didn't require it.)

Here is what I found:


Snickerdoodles
(from Martha's Holiday Cookies 2005)

Makes about 20 (or 40, if you make the balls very small)

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs

2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.

2. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 20 (1 3/4-inch) balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

3. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.

Can I just say again...YUM?!

They seriously are sooooo sooooo good. I made it a point to print off the recipe and include it in my "regulars" recipe book. You better believe that I'll be making them again. :)

Enjoy!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...