Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I've Got a Bad Case of Spring Fever...

...and it hurts soooooo good. ;)

Hasn't it just been GORGEOUS outside? This is my kinda weather. It could STAY like this all year round and I would be blissfully happy for all 365 days.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...can't wait to get out there again today!

I've been doing some yard clean up the past few days in trying to get prepared for my Spring planting. Still not sure what I'm going to do yet as far as annuals go but I've been thinkin' about them!

Yesterday, I spent the majority of my morning cleaning up around my "reflection pool"


Photo obviously taken in the Spring time LAST YEAR...at the present time, it's looking pretty skanky and far from lush...

and I decided that the window looking out onto it is in desperate need of...

a window box! :)

I heart window boxes...they are LOVELY and can really dress up a home. AND I WANT ONE!

I live in a cape cod style house which is your typical cape cod boxy shape with a slight extension off to the side...the extension sits back just a little bit from the rest of the house and the window is smaller and the roof a little shorter that the rest of the place as well. It was originally a porch that was walled up and bricked to match the rest of the house...now it's home to our office or "optional third bedroom". Anyway, because of it's slightly smaller dimensions, it'd be a PERFECT spot for a beloved window box.


Now that I know that I want one...it's time to decide what type of window box and what to fill it with.

Some inspiration please...





OK...here it is...I've settled on a look...

Ahhhhh...I'm in love...


Since I am only doing one box, I feel like I can get away with the boldness of this arrangement. Next step, print the picture and take it in to my local nursery to find out what kind of plants were used here. I also feel like colors will coordinate really well with my house...

Yay!

Oh yeah...and I'm gonna need a box...

Excited about the prospect though! Will definitely post my "after" pics!

Have a great day!

XO

P.S. I am soooo excited to have been selected as the winner for my friend, Megan's, blog giveaway! The prize is a framed hand painted monogram in the color and letter of my choice. Yay! I LOOOOOOOOVE monograms and I can rarely ever find an 'F' so I am extra SIKED. Her husband is a phenomenal artist and I really enjoy the work that I've seen him do so that makes even all the more exciting. Plus, I never win anything so....YAY! :) Head on over to http://www.thisbondage.blogspot.com/ to check her out! Megan's got lots of really interesting things to say about nutrition and she has a good eye for fabulous decor. She's just starting out in the blogosphere but keep an eye out...the girl's got "IT". ;)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some great ideas for your box!! Can't wait to see after pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im an awful awful cousin. i hate to admit this, but....this is actually the first time ive come here to ur blog. isnt that....awful??? for awhile i thought it was you, commenting on someone else's blog, when i saw it on facebook. but alas, i was dead wrong! jenny, you are so frickin creative!!!!! love u!!! cant wait to see you in may:) you better blog about ur ultra fun vacation you will have:) xoxox kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have window boxes, and I love the character it gives to the house. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a mix of plants that I can keep looking healthy and alive all season. Let me know what plant's you end up with. I like that last mixture too. My advice...Have Jer build a box frame that is open on the bottom with L brackets inside to hold a plastic planter. Mount them to the house. Norm built mine and they hold up great because the water doesn't sit in them and rot them out. That happened to my first set of boxes that had wooden bottoms. Plus you can take them out to plant in them and place them into the box...makes it soo much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRESH Jen - we so need to do a photo shoot in your reflection room which we never did last year! Your divine!!

    ..and YES Kelly, you are an awful awful cousin...j/k ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...