Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Do any of you Mommy's out there ever have a moment when it hits you...wow, these are my kids...that one has my hair...that one has my eyes...that one has my smile...that one has my bad temper (er oh)? HOW STINKIN' COOL is that?!?!
It hits me on occasion...usually totally randomly, like the other day at lunch time...
I thought man...how awesome is it that these are my kids and I get to make them lunch?
I don't know...I just think that is pretty darn cool sometimes...


HOWEVER, with every up side is a down side...(if you can even really call it that)
Eh hem...exhibit A:
My son, Noah, has my love of art...

And he also has my severe distaste for discipline...

Poor Noah...he won't be coloring on the furniture forever. Thank the Lord.
What I love most about having kids is their ability to see the beauty in the everyday such as this lovely rainbow reflection that my lilac clippings through impromptu milk bottle vases created...Natalie pointed this out and she was beyond elated.
Precious.

Ya know what else is PRECIOUS?
Marshall's
Wanna see what I got?! ;)
I bought this pretty letter J to go in our future love nest. Typically, I do not buy things for spaces that aren't finished and ready for "the final coat" but I have come to find out that if I don't buy something when I see it, it won't be there when I go back. Especially at a place like Marshall's.

I love the detail...it's distressed ivory wood with a brushed metalic gold finish...pret-ty.
I also got this great potpourri for a couple of glass hurricanes I have sitting on the built-in in my living room.

I bought 2 bags of this potpourri and this netting was their packaging...I'm throwing around some ideas of where to use it...

If you guys have any ideas, let me know...I'd love a craft project to blog about. ;)
Finally, I picked up a pair of these super cute black gladiator style thongs with gold hardware.

So...just a random post from me to you...hope that you all have a wonderful Friday night! I'm going to be hitting the sack early tonight so that I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrow's yard sale adventure!!! :)
I'll be sure to post pics of my finds! (thinking positively) Oh...you know what is SUPER COOL about tomorrow's yard sale extravaganza? I get to go KID-LESS! Hooray! Because as much as I love being their mom as I said before...I am very overdue for a Mommy's day out with no one to run after and no food to cut up in bite-size pieces for whittle mouffs. ;)
XO,

I bought this pretty letter J to go in our future love nest. Typically, I do not buy things for spaces that aren't finished and ready for "the final coat" but I have come to find out that if I don't buy something when I see it, it won't be there when I go back. Especially at a place like Marshall's.

I love the detail...it's distressed ivory wood with a brushed metalic gold finish...pret-ty.I also got this great potpourri for a couple of glass hurricanes I have sitting on the built-in in my living room.

I bought 2 bags of this potpourri and this netting was their packaging...I'm throwing around some ideas of where to use it...

If you guys have any ideas, let me know...I'd love a craft project to blog about. ;)
Finally, I picked up a pair of these super cute black gladiator style thongs with gold hardware.

So...just a random post from me to you...hope that you all have a wonderful Friday night! I'm going to be hitting the sack early tonight so that I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrow's yard sale adventure!!! :)
I'll be sure to post pics of my finds! (thinking positively) Oh...you know what is SUPER COOL about tomorrow's yard sale extravaganza? I get to go KID-LESS! Hooray! Because as much as I love being their mom as I said before...I am very overdue for a Mommy's day out with no one to run after and no food to cut up in bite-size pieces for whittle mouffs. ;)
XO,



Your too funny the way you placed your shoes in the potpourri for a photo shoot! Love the letter J, and I think if you want to use the netting around the candle glass you could just finish off the top with some black ribbon and that would do it!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your sale-ing tomorrow!
lol, thanks Kel. Good idea with the black ribbon! The netting is a dark brown color but it's so dark that I could probably get away with a black ribbon. I wonder if I should embellish them at all? I kinda like the texture that it gives those candle holders...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment! :)