The following recipe can be found in this book (Those Gooseberry people really know what they're doing). ;)

The cast of characters aka the ingredients (I have found that I do love setting everything up beforehand and then just dumping the contents of the cute little bowls come direction time).

First step - melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat, add onions and cook until tender. Add flour and 1/2 cup of your milk, stir continuously until you reach a nice thickness resembling a consistency not unlike lumpy oatmeal.
(You can also preheat your oven to 425 @ this point)
I like to have a candle burning nearby when handling onions, I don't know if it's true but I've heard that it helps cut down on the severity of the "onion air" (the thing that makes you cry, which I did previous to lighting the candle this morning)
...and herbs...you MUST use fresh...the smell alone is so worth it...

Mix in "lumpy oatmeal" aka the onion mixture

Meanwhile, roll out your prepared pie crust and flute your edges (I'm not a real great fluter).

Pour your quiche mixture into your pie plate.

Place into your preheated oven (yes, I took a picture of this too).

Cook for 15 minutes @ this heat and then decrease it to 350 for another 25-35 minutes.
You can do a toothpick test if you so wish to make sure it's ready (I never do).
Here is the final result (I decorated the top with a couple of chives - food should be pretty!).

I served this to my family this morning along side of some Pillsbury Reduced Fat Cinnamon Rolls

And a special smoothie for my husband and I
Frozen berries
Fresh strawberries
Lime juice
1 whole banana
And for a twist: a little bit of Coconut Pineapple ice cream


Mix in "lumpy oatmeal" aka the onion mixture

Meanwhile, roll out your prepared pie crust and flute your edges (I'm not a real great fluter).

Pour your quiche mixture into your pie plate.

Place into your preheated oven (yes, I took a picture of this too).

Cook for 15 minutes @ this heat and then decrease it to 350 for another 25-35 minutes.
You can do a toothpick test if you so wish to make sure it's ready (I never do).
Here is the final result (I decorated the top with a couple of chives - food should be pretty!).

I served this to my family this morning along side of some Pillsbury Reduced Fat Cinnamon Rolls

And a special smoothie for my husband and I
Frozen berries
Fresh strawberries
Lime juice
1 whole banana
And for a twist: a little bit of Coconut Pineapple ice cream





looks delish!
ReplyDeleteWell hello there!!! Finally, I'm a follower....are you shocked...probably not since you helped me set up the account. How is it that we r related yet we are sooo different. Like, for instance, you are creative and I am NOT; you are a good cook and I am NOT...you are fantastic with the computer and I am NOT, and the list could go on :)You are a very talented girl and this blog is just the proof! How come I didn't get an invite over for breakfast...:( maybe some time :) I love you girl!! xo
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! my family has never, ever woken up to a breakfast like that! :) Way to go!
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer! First let me say I LOVE when I come to your blog and you have the music playing. Second... I would LOVE to wake up to a brekfast like this! Looks super yummy! Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteTonya, I am thinking of you this morning! I am about ready to post Chapter 2 of my study on The 10 Best Decisions a Woman Can Make (Finding Your Place in God's Plan). Unfortunately, this chapter is SUPER LONG so I am going to break it up into 2 parts. I still have my 3 little ones to take care of and can't sit here all day (though wouldn't that be nice sometimes?!) ;) Hope that you're having a great Thursday and keep your eye out for my next post! Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your encouragement! :)
ReplyDelete