Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Rockin' Good Time

My husband and I bought these rocking chairs when we moved into our first home together in coastal North Carolina. In the south, rocking chairs are pretty much a no-brainer. Just one of the many reasons why I love the south. :)

They've been with us a long time...here we are on Nicolas' first fourth of July...


It's hard to believe that was 5 years ago...

Over the years, the rocking chairs have taken a beating with weather changes and multiple moves etc.

From these pictures you can probably tell that we were definitely due for a make-over:







And so, I thought it was about time...

With some cleaning up and a little of this ($0.96 per can @ Wal-Mart):


Actually a WHOLE LOTTA THAT.

And a couple of these ($10 a piece @ Wal-Mart):



We went from ghettttttttttto to fabulous...





(Just ignore those white petals everywhere...I tried to sweep them up for the picture but it was useless...they kept drifting back!)

They aren't perfect and if truth be told, I probably should have gone with a gloss finish to make it look less spray painted and more brush stroked BUT...live and learn. Perhaps I'll give it another coat or two with a gloss down the line but for now, I think that they'll suffice...

Besides, I have a serious case of "spray finger". For those of you who spray paint like there's no tomorrow, you know what I mean.

Ow.

Have a rockin' night all! We sure will!

XO,

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for rocking chairs like that!!! :) I saw them at Lowe's last year, but they were a little out of my budget. Let me know if you find any good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the chairs and the pillows.. I need some more outside furniture.. I have a table and chairs, but I want a lounge chair section with a small table.. for more seating.. I would also like a new patio.. someday..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...