So, here I am on borrowed WiFi...it's been way too long since I've posted. Every time I've had an opportunity to do so, I can't think clearly and don't want to bore you with my undisciplined drivel. Here I am now though...so, hello. I feel like I am bumping into you at the grocery store...you know...it's always kind of awkward because there really isn't enough time to have a real conversation. I never come away from a grocery store conversation feeling fulfilled, do you? Why is that so weird? Anyway, I don't have much to say other than just to update you a little bit on what is going on in my neck of the woods. We are still computerless and it's okay. I am realizing that there are other things to do besides spending time online. In fact, there are quite a lot of other things to do. I've filled my "free time" with some newfound loves such as taking care of my container garden and many many trips to Red Box.
Since I feel out of the loop with blogging and Facebook, I've managed to get a media fix through movies and random TV - currently, I am having a not-so-secret love affair with The Hills. It figures that the series finale aired last night. This is the story of my life when it comes to things like this. I am always the last to jump on the band wagon and then the ride ends. It's okay in this case, I don't think that The Hills is probably a real great viewing choice anyway. Plus, I was having to endure endless Jersey Shore trailers for the new season and each time the Situation and Snookie flashed across the screen, I'd throw up in my mouth a little. I don't think that there has ever been a more disgusting show aired on TV. I've watched a couple of episodes just to see what all the fuss was and all I have to say is...EW. K, enough said about that. As far as movies go, in the last week or so, I've rented When In Rome, Did You Hear About the Morgans? and Dear John. Tonight, I'm planning on returning Dear John for The Bounty Hunter. Jennifer Aniston (unbeknownst to her) has been one of my "friends" since Friends. Speaking of movies, I went to the midnight premiere of Eclipse...and it did not disappoint. There were elements of "what the heck" as usual but overall, it was pretty decent. I will be adding it to my collection when it comes out on DVD as I have with Twilight and New Moon. Say whatever you want, I don't care how old I am. I am in love with The Twilight Saga. From page one of Twilight, there was no turning back.
In other forms of entertainment, I've been reading a lot. Currently, I am reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's really good so far and now I am in love with Italy and want to hop on a plane and fly there to LIVE as soon as possible. I'm currently reading about her stay in India ("Part 2 of 3) and there is so much discussion about prayer that has inspired me, moved me, touched my heart, renewed my desire to pray - there will be a post about this coming up in my A New Creature blog. If you haven't read Eat Pray Love yet - get it. You won't be disappointed.
I mentioned my container garden earlier. We got our first fruit off of our tomato plant! It was beautiful. I took a picture but have no way of uploading it - will upload it at a later date. I wouldn't let anyone eat it for a couple of days because I wanted to look at it over and over again. Is that strange? I don't know. I honestly haven't been so proud of something in a long time. I also have peppers on my pepper plants, Juliet tomatoes and Heartland tomatoes not yet ripe. My zucchini and cucumber plants are not quite ready to bloom yet but I've been using my herbs all summer and they've been totally delightful (this isn't a word that I typically use but there is no other way to describe the feeling...it IS pure delight - I feel like a kid in a candy store when I look at my garden). I feel SUCH a huge sense of satisfaction every time I go out to trim some herbs for a recipe. It literally makes me want to squeal like a little girl! : )
In other news, my kiddos are doing really well. I just enrolled Natalie in ballet. She had her first class last Thursday and when I asked her if she liked it, she leaned over and said with great enthusiasm; "I...LOVED...it.". I don't think that I have ever seen her so excited about anything. I took quite a few pictures of her in her leotard, tights and slippers but again, I don't have a device to upload them - will upload them, again, at a later date. This is a dream of mine...ballet. I so wish that I could have danced when I was young. Since I never had the opportunity, I am now living vicariously through Natalie. It's probably just as much fun if not more so this way.
Besides dance, we've been visiting lots of parks in the area as well as frequenting my parents pool. Nicolas is now swimming FREE from all floatation devices and we're very proud of him. He throws things in the pool and dives for them...I am pretty sure that he's spent more time this summer in the pool than he has spent out of the pool and he's got the super tan to show for it.
Noah has increased his vocabulary quite a bit...he's a big time talker now and he is not afraid to tell you what he wants. Quite the demanding one he is!
My husband and I just celebrated our 6 year anniversary which is very hard to believe. Some days, it feels like we've been married forever but 6 years isn't all that long when you think about it. Especially when you think about how many kids we have and their ages. It's been a super busy 6 years for us and I am sure that it won't slow down anytime soon. It's a good busy though. We wouldn't trade these kiddos for anything.
Our house is still under construction and we're hoping to finish at least the kiddos room before Nicolas starts kindergarten. I, for one, am super excited about the changes and will definitely be posting before and after pics in the coming weeks. It's taken longer than I imagined but slow and steady wins the race...or so they say.
I guess that is about all I can update you on for now. My kids are getting ansty and ready to get out of this place. I don't blame them. It'd be a lot more relaxing for them and for me if I could write at home but in time...in time. Hopefully sooner than later because this whole "low tech summer" thing is getting a little old. Honestly.
Hope this finds you all well. Miss you guys.
XO,
Jennifer
(It's lame not posting pics - I feel so naked without them!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shes back!!!! thanks for all those updates. cant wait to see all the new pics u download. im so excited natalie loves ballet. how sweet is that:) i miss them:( Eclipse disappointed me. LOL, as did New Moon, but alas, I am still in love with the books. Are u really renovating ur house??? adding on??? tell me more! we are house searching right now (for rent) we'll see what happens. i really wish we were in the market to buy. blah blah blah....im bored. well. i guess thats it for now. back to house searching. peace out!
ReplyDelete