...a little out of the loop lately; wouldn't ya say? It's been about a month since my last post. I am still computerless and it doesn't look like that status is going to change any time soon. That thought fills me with lots of different emotions - annoyance...sadness...frustration...but if I am honest, it also fills me with an unexpected emotion...relief. During the summer months, I really did not miss having a computer at home. There is always plenty to do in the summer time. My house has never been cleaner nor more organized. There actually have been days when I have gotten to a point where I'm like...hmmmmm...now what?! ;) BUT...now that fall is here and school has begun again, things are a little different. My son, Nicolas, is now in the big K...KINDERGARTEN...and of course, in an effort to "go green", his school does almost all of it's communication through their website and via email. This has definitely been where my annoyance and frustration comes in. My parents, who don't live far from us, have a computer and I've been trying to check in at least once a week but I feel guilty about it. My daughter, Natalie's, school newsletters are also online this year so now that is 2 reasons why it would be super convenient to have a computer at home. Not to mention, I really miss blogging! There have been so many times when I've been inspired to blog and don't have immediate access to the internet. It's maddening! Anyway, no more complaining. There are worse things than being computerless so it is pretty pathetic that I would even mention this. Great, now I'm convicted. I convicted myself. Another perk of being without distraction of what my husband likes to call "the big blue box" - you have more free time to THINK and thinking occasionally brings me under conviction. More than occasionally. Whatever. Anyway. Moving on to the good part of being without the big blue box. My house - yeah, like I mentioned before, never been cleaner...or more organized. This morning, before church, I organized my DVD and CD collection. I threw away nearly 75 or more CD's. I know that may seem wasteful to some of you but honestly, the majority of it was what I'd call "garbage music" anyway...actually, it's funny...I even threw away a
Garbage CD...that is the name of a group, in case you didn't know. Yesterday, I cleaned out my car...took it to the car wash, vacuumed the interior...and then I organized it. I even have car organizers now. I had them before but they weren't in my car...now they are and there are things ORGANIZED in it. I know...for real. Wow. Our basement? TOTALLY cleaned out. Well, except for a SMALL pile of memory type stuff that I have to go through...other than that, it's BARE. Yay! Hoping that inspires some construction progress this winter! There is a method to my madness, I assure you. :) I still have some work to do - our office needs a major overhaul now that ZERO time is spent in there. It's an out of sight, out of mind thing for me and now that I am no longer in there, it's become a little scary. It's on my list for this week though. :) I've also been very organized about the kids school. I bought them each a separate 3 ring binder and when they get home, I date the work, immediately file it into a sheet protector and in the binder it goes (I also decorated them, OF COURSE - you know me and school supplies!). Also, bought a dry erase calendar and cork board to post the currents. This past week, I even went so far as to list our weekly dinner menu. This is like the coolest thing and I.LOVE.IT. Talk about right up my alley! People, I feel like I have purpose now. For those of you who read my facebook (judging from my lack of comments lately, I'm guessing maybe 3 of you? - eh hem...rude... ;P) , my current status is: Jennifer _________
is at peace and loving life right now. It's TRUE! I don't know what it is...if being computerless has anything to do with it like some people think but I feel like I have purpose now. I'm constantly moving...constantly working on something...constantly organizing things or developing new systems for my home and family now. It's good. It's a good thing. OH and I almost forgot to mention that I am walking regularly around my neighborhood as well as going to the gym again. You would think that with all of this moving and exercising that I'd be losing weight but I am pretty sure that the scale hasn't budged (haven't weighed myself so I don't actually know...but I have a feeling). I haven't quite got my eating habits under control yet. Story of my life. However, I do believe that I am going to start Weight Watchers back up again soon. Have to talk to the husband about that. Anyway, I am getting side tracked here. I do have a lot going on right now...even throw in ballet lessons once a week for Natalie (decided to continue with it since she loved it so much during the summer session). So, back to the original story...the relief I feel from being computerless is that things are going soooo darn well! I even have the kids bathed and in bed with a story, prayers and song time by 8 o'clock on
most nights! How come no one told me that the evenings would seem so long (and blissful) if I did that?! It's AWESOME! Honestly, I don't know if I am at a place in my life where I can say that if we did bring in a computer again, that I wouldn't go back to old habits. And that scares me a little. I can't afford that lifestyle anymore. So...it's a dilemma. I miss you all. I miss facebook. I miss blogging. I feel WAY out of the loop. But it's been a good out of the loop, ya know? No offense. Yes, it's annoying to have to check in via someone else's computer but it may be what's best for now. The me from a year ago would probably slap the me who is talking now but the me now would take that me down with a single blow and tell the old me to get a grip. The new me is in town and I'm likin' the new changes. Thinking about staying for a while...so don't screw it up! :) I say all that to say...I'm sorry...this blog has been a total blast for me. I'm not giving it up but I don't know when I'll be able to post regularly again, if ever. Please don't give up on me though! I do appreciate your encouragement when I do get a chance to read this so please leave your comments even if it's just to say "hey". :)
Now, I'll leave you for a bit but I have some recent pics you may be interested in...
A little of what we've been up to lately...
Natalie's end of the summer session ballet performance - she was precious and had great form!

We took an always highly anticipated trip to the zoo one day...

One of the highlights was definitely seeing the baby giraffe! So cute!

Noah got a little banged up when he decided to ride his bike off of our deck and right onto a rocky path way one day... :(

We camped out in our backyard...complete with a tent and s'mores!
They don't look very happy in this picture but I can assure you that they had a blast!

Then, of course, we have the first day of school...
Natalie started pre-K this year...

And Nicolas...sniff sniff...went off to kindergarten!

I have many more pictures that I'd love to share but I'd be here all night and it's almost time to go home and get ready to start the week all over again. There are bedtimes to be met and lunch bags to pack!
Hope that you all have a great week and until we meet again...
XO,
Jen
Well I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that WE MISS YOU but - I'm so happy that things are going better for you. Everything happens for a reason so I suppose this was the right time for your computer to take a dive ((sniff sniff)) even though FB is not the same without your regular updates and comments. Shows ya how much we take the computer for granted, right? It's like - what are we supposed to do now, CALL each other?!? That's MADNESS!! LOL Anywhoser - so glad things are going well and I love you!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteThe computer sure can be a time sucker, but I find it has been easier for me to stay away lately. There is soo much to do and I get much more satisfaction from getting it done than sitting on the computer. Don't get me wrong....I don't think I could be without it, but I've been disciplined enough to limit my computer time. Anyway, I will still look forward to your blog post when you get a chance. Glad you are in a "happy place"!
ReplyDeleteI am SO happy for you and SO jealous at the same time....
ReplyDelete