Friday, October 1, 2010

Just a quick note to say...

I HATE homework. My son, Nicolas, spent almost 2 hours on homework last night. He is in KINDERGARTEN. Are they for real? Now granted, he totally didn't want to do it (and I can't blame him...he was just.at.school for 8 hours!) and so he was d r a g g i n g...but UGH. Something has got to give on THAT.

***

I am a little obsessed with The Vampire Diaries - this is their second season, Thursday's @ 8 on the CW. It's AMAZING. Yes, I am sure that the majority of the fan base are teenagers and I.don't.care. I love it and I am not ashamed.

***

Can I tell you how excited I am that it's FALL??? Today is October 1st...ahhhhhhhh! I pulled out my fall decor this morning and ooooohed and ahhhhhhed for a while. I discovered things that I forgot I had from the year before and it's like falling in love all over again.

***

I.need.sleep. For some reason, this week has been a major sleep suck fest. I need to catch up but there is sooooo much to do! When oh when will everything be finished already? Don't answer that. I already know. NEVER.

***

I finally got my office completely organized and it's...W O N D E R F U L. Now to give the whole thing a complete face lift. The organizing can only do so much. The room is still a small sad little space with zero personality. Ugh. All I need is a little moohla...sigh.

***

Speaking of organizing, I also tackled my ever so dinky entryway coat closet. I'm thinking that whoever built the closet originally had maybe 1 or 2 coats to their name and so they built it to fit their need. Well...yeah, the current owners of the house also own like 45 coats...needless to say, it's a little snug. So, the white IKEA armoires that I wanted to desperately sell at a yard sale a month ago are coming in mighty handy to house the extras in our garage. Now I'm thinking that they didn't sell for this very reason. It was MEANT TO BE.

***

I miss Nicolas. He's at school all day now. I get terribly sad when I think of him being at school for 8 hours every day Monday - Friday for the majority of every year now until he graduates...in 13 years... In a way, I sort of feel like I lost him. I know that is silly. It's what happens...it's part of life... Now it comes down to making the time we do get to spend together PRECIOUS. Which is another reason why my first point makes me so mad. Grrr.

***

I wish that I had a business mind and an ambitious heart. My chocolate banana bread is seriously THE BEST I have ever had and I've been dreaming of opening a bakery/sandwich shop now...hmmmmmmmmm...

***

I need to find a way to talk my husband into getting the internet again. I want it but I don't want it. What is a good solution? Because I know I've said this before...but I REALLY miss blogging! I was reading a friend of mine's blogs this morning (Hi Megan) and it really made my heart ache to get into blogging again. Ahhhhhhhh... But how to get into it without getting SUCKED INTO IT again?

***

I must go now...it's time to go pick my daughter up from preschool. Her class is making applesauce today and wearing the color red. Have I ever mentioned how much I love being a mom?

***

I'm decorating for fall today...then I'm going to take lots of pictures! Be on the lookout for a fall post soon...I hope! :)

Have a wonderful weekend my wonderful friends!

Love you all!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...