Friday, January 21, 2011

Brain Block - Pretty Please Comment With Ideas!

I am on a blogging ROLL! Special thanks to my husband for watching my boys tonight. Miss Natalie wanted to be with her Mama but the guys are having a guys night and I have to say...it's been blissful sitting here at my parents place taking a moment to write to you all. This blog, though ultimately for me, is a means of communication with the outside world - like you, my lovely reader. It may sound silly but I treasure you! Whether I know you personally or not. Some say that strangers are just friends you haven't met yet and I would tend to agree. Although...sometimes strangers are just a little too heavy on the strange and therefore not friendly. But I digress.

THIS particular post is totally random and by that, I just mean that I have several little things to discuss but nothing is really related and therefore a single title wouldn't cut it. Maybe I should use bullets.

Ooooooh...I just found the bullets.

Here we go.

Wait...nevermind...screw the bullets...they are all over the place. I'll try numbers...they seem to be the theme tonight. Let's see if I can get them in the right order.

1) Here are a couple of pictures I took from a Mary Kay party/Girl's Night In that I hosted last weekend...thought they turned out really pretty and wanted to share
I don't know what these flowers are called but they literally last forever! Well, maybe not LITERALLY but...WEEKS! Love the color combo.

Cupcakes are seriously one of my very fav things to make and for a party, they are to me, a no-brainer. I wanted to make them festive and fun with a make-up theme (actually my sister's idea) and just happened to find the perfect thing! Pretty colored (think lipstick) chocolate lips! What is even better is that I got them in the $1 section @ Target.

2) My sister and brother-in-law bought this fantastic Pottery Barn Wall Easel for us when we got married and I LOVE IT. However, right now, I feel like it could use an update. I was thinking of a couple of cute square prints for the frame holders but not sure what to put in the vase. Thoughts on this? Typically, I would do flowers but someone somewhere along the line, broke off the base of it and now it won't hold water. :(

Check it out...it looks so...BLAH.

3) Our foyer though pretty now, is a source of constant struggle for us. It's DINKY but it's about the only place we can put our outerwear. This time of year, as you can well imagine, is the worst. I am looking for any and all suggestions. As you can tell from the picture, our coat closet can house like maybe 3 winter coats...alright, maybe more but it's seriously pathetic. I think that whoever originally built the closet, vacationed in Florida for the winter. Let me know what you guys think...I'm open to anything!


4) Last thing...does anyone know where I can find chalkboard markers? I wanna write cute little messages on this sweet little chalkboard thing I bought at HomeGoods. Of course, typical chalk won't do! ;)


That's a wrap! Last post of the evening. It's almost 11 p.m. and I should probably get home. If I had the internet at home, I could blog well into the wee hours of the morning! And...that would probably be why my husband keeps saying no.

Rats.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

XO

Me

3 comments:

  1. If you find chalkboard markers, tell me where! I've been looking for them forever, so good luck! As for your foyer. Do you have room on the inside of the closet door for some hooks at kid height? I've seen some very cute storage ideas if you search blogland. Cute cubbies, with hooks underneath and a bench with shoe storage. I wish I had a place for that. Also make sure the not-in season jackets are out of the closet for now, to make more room. And for the vase....fake or dried flowers! or fake greenery. Just put some kind of filler (There is some pretty beady stuff at AC Moore) in the base so you don't see the plastic stem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS i love how you capitalized the word DINKY. cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...