Friday, March 11, 2011

Master Bedroom Make-Over

So FINALLY, a year since the beginning of work on the project, we are in our new bedroom. For those of you who don't know, my husband and I switched rooms with our kids. We currently live in a 2 bedroom ("optional 3rd bedroom", my butt) home and up until now our 6 year old son and almost 5 year old daughter have shared a room and our 2 1/2 year old son has bunked with us. Obviously, we did not think that the "sharing" with our third child would go well into his second year of life. Thankfully, both rooms are of fairly decent size proportions and it hasn't been unbearable. With that being said, now that we are in our own room and our 3 kiddos are bunking together in our old room, I have no idea how we lasted this long the way that it was. The kids now have way more room than they did before and we have just the right amount and I have never felt better...today marks the 4th day in a row that I have slept pretty much without interruption. I'm a new woman! :) I know that some of you have been wanting to see what we've been up to so I decided to take some pics and post our progress to date. I do not have "before" pics (not really anyway) but since we still do not have our new furniture, window treatments, decor etc, please consider these as the "after-before" pictures. In a perfect world, this would all be done by now and things would be "just so" but this is reality, right?

Let me preface this by saying, please don't judge me. I know that the room was super hideous before and I know that we have been living in our home now for 3 years which means that I have lived...gone in that room every day/night for the past 3 years and endured it. Don't think for one moment that it was not a daily source of stress for me. Literally DEPRESSING. Ugh. But it's over now and there has been progress. I am pressing forward and choosing not to live in that darkness anymore! :)

Anyway, here we go!

Finally covering that hideous blue

You can kinda see why I never wanted to post pics of this room before...

Almost there...

K...enough of that...here are the final results

Everything will be changing...the furniture, the bedding, the window treatments...so, basically nothing of what you see is final. Hence, why I say these are the "after-before" pictures.

And every time I see this picture, I think...ugh, I should have straightened out that front throw pillow!

Check out these GORGEOUS closets my dad built me (wish I had a picture of the disgusting built-ins that were here before - then you'd really appreciate them like I do)

Hers

His
(the tough thing about this room and what you can probably tell from the picture is that there are many shadows. At times, there is lots of light and it's glorious...other times, not so much...and hence why the quality of this picture is EH.)

What you see is what you get...I left the randomness on top of the armoire and the sleep mask is actually the one I use etc. It's as real as it gets folks...sorry! No pretty primping for this photo shoot.

My side

My husbands side
(the man collects fishing/hunting mags like women collect fashion mags)

I do understand that the pillows do not match my coverlet...another source of yuckiness for me but that will all change...promise! I have big plans for this room!

We haven't even added the new hardware for the room (i.e. switch plate covers etc) so ignore that


And now that I have successfully shown you every possible view of our room...I must leave you.
Hope that this post satisfies some of your curiosity. I will not be posting pictures of my kids new room until further progress is made on it. Right now, I am just too embarrassed to post how ugly it is. I am choosing not to be THAT real with you all. ;)

XO,
J

4 comments:

  1. Jen, I think it is beautiful even though it's not finished. My room is a disaster right now. All the decluttering I have been doing has somehow ended up in my room. I have boxes in there that I've been putting yard sale stuff, and I stub my toe on them just about every morning. Uggh! Someday it will be my sanctuary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! I am very jealous of the character of your cape. :) Great job Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, girls! Kel...believe me...so been there and I am sure I'll be there again. I'm just happy to have some semblance of sanity and organization at the moment. It's fleeting though, I'm sure. ;)

    Megan...I do love my cape. The character was what drew me to it...despite the smallish proportions. Pretty over practical any day, right?! ;) Thank you for being jealous...haha...most of my time, I spend being jealous of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know these are the "after-before" pics but still think it looks blessed! Painting the room really made it look fresher I think. Can't wait to see what you think of next! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...