Saturday, March 19, 2011

I've Decided to Home School...

...which means that since my decision, I've had visions of home school classrooms dancing in my head.

Excuse me, can I first just interject a moment and say that Noah is soooo making me smile right now - he wants me to get the farm down from Grandma's closet shelf and he is going, "Meeeeease Mommy?! Be you best fwend!" :)

Anyway, as I was saying...before I was so sweetly interrupted. Home school classrooms. Be still my design loving heart. I'm gonna have a ball with this. Seriously...I don't know why I was so against this before.

I'm inspiration hunting...care to have a look?

Thoughtcha might. ;)

Now this one is a little too cluttery for me but the color was what I was drawn to. It just looks so...FUN. It would drive me mad though.


(photo courtesy of unplggd.com)


Now THIS...is totally more like it



(photo courtesy of www.jonesdesigncompany.com)

Isn't this chalkboard quote sooo completely presh?! This will be my mantra.


(photo courtesy of www.mommymattersblog.com


I have never checked out Nicandboys before but hello...I will now! Look at their sweet classroom! Ahhhhh...I die! :)


Check out more pics on flickr if you're interested...oh my word, so phenom! Love it!

Ahhhhh...the whimsy of this one...LOVE.

Lots of ideas running through my head! Obviously, the classroom isn't the most important thing but it is super fun to dream about... :)

To all of my home school friends...any advice or suggestions on classroom set up?

My ears are open!

XO,
J



3 comments:

  1. Hey there!! Just wanted to get some ideas for my own room! We do have one, but it needs help...and we're moving again anyway. However...I LOVE the book rack thing in the orange room. My kids are always looking for a certain book that is piled up. :0( This would be great for us.
    Also...the desk thing? didn't work for us..AT ALL. I used our retired kitchen table. For little ones, I found I have to sit with them. Hoovering over a desk wasn't doing it for me or my back. Made art projects hard too.

    I found a functional chalkboard is a must! One kiddo of mine freaks out when she sees a worksheet, but will gladly do 4 days of work on a chalkboard! Weird..but if it works?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you have plenty of easily accessable storage. We have cabinets under our desk to keep books in. They never seem to get put away. Have fun! Here's ours...
    http://hopplefamily.blogspot.com/2010/08/before-and-after.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I LOVE your room. Thanks for sharing! :) Any advice for a first time home school mama?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...