If you follow my blog or know me on a more personal level, you probably have gathered that I like a little COLOR in my home decor and am definitely not a wimp when it comes to picking out paint swatches and accessories. ;) My theory is the same when it comes to wall color and hair color; It can always be redone if you don't like it. [Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who, back in the day, had both pink hair and black hair with horizontal blond stripes. Shut up. That's about as dangerous as I get. ;)] P.S. Did you also know that I was working for "the second largest mutual fund company" at the time? Yeah...cubical? Zebra print rug, fur trimmed lamp and posters of a few of my fav musical groups. Que the Nanny theme song ♪♫ She's the lady in red when everybody else is wearing tan...♫♪ And seriously...why is it necessary for everyone else to wear tan? It's corporate America not prison...oh wait. Anyway...now that a few people are heading to the *Unfollow* button...let's get back to the original reason for this post. Color of the minute? ORANGE. I want it. In my new office. Now. I can't stand it! The moment it popped into my head, fireworks went off. The beauty of a home office is that #1, it's bigger than a cubicle and #2, management doesn't get all judgey on ya just because you're not...well, tan.Oooooh...and ya know what's even better? Orange and turquoise!
Yes, let's go with THAT! (Reminds me of Arizona. Which also reminds me that I'll be there in less than 2 months! Ahhhh! Which ALSO reminds me that GACK...I need to lose A LOT and get super tan before then...hmmmmmmm...crap)
Anywho...
L.O.V.E.
My Orangpiration






Does anyone remember when I went dumpster diving for a bunch of weathered shutters? Well...I just found a really good idea for one of them. Stay tuned for that bit of funness! Whoo!
I have quite a few projects going on at the moment so what's one more? I have a desk at home that I am almost finished refinishing. I did the whole thing from start to finish by myself and I am SO PROUD of that! :) Yeah! Go me! Can't wait to share that with you guys. I've been taking lots of pics for ya! Our little home office is starting to take shape in my head...got lots of cool ideas and I can't wait to get started! Oh and the best part is what comes with our new office. Our newly refurbished computer! Computer = internet so soon and very soon I will be back online at home. How EXCITING!We're makin' things happen and soon, I'll be able to share with you with more regularity. Just in time for all the fun! :)
Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here! Oh and p.s., for those of you who are fans of The Vampire Diaries, don't forget an all new season starts tonight @ 8 p.m. on the CW! Be there!
Orange you so glad that it's Thursday?
I am!
J




Love the orange and turquoise! And by the way, if you want to borrow that damask stencil I am willing to share!
ReplyDeleteWhen you said orange, I was thinking...eeeewww! But I totally love your inspiration pics. I think the turquoise and pops of orange look great! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I love the shutter idea too! I'm in a rut over hear. You need to come over and help me out!
ReplyDelete