Saturday, April 16, 2011

Confessions of a [Yard] Saleaholic

Hooray hooray!

T
oday was our first 'official' yard sale day of the new season! Can I get a yay?! Can I get a 'what WHAT?!' Despite the super duper crapola weather and late night before, I excitedly woke up with my lovely alarm clock, threw on some salesy duds, made myself look presentable, hopped in the minivan and headed on over to my mom's to begin the day. Oh and I stopped at Wawa beforehand to pick up a 20 oz Chai Tea Latte WHICH BY THE WAY was a colossal mistake that I paid for at breakfast later with the literal shakes. #weirdness We picked up a paper and hit about 10 sales total (basically 2 neighborhoodish sales). All in all, it was an OKAY day. It was fun being out and getting our first taste of the season but the sales were sorta bland. I guess that makes sense though...bland day, bland sales. In any case, I did manage to pick up a little something to add to my summer decor:

Now, I typically do not care for lighthouses used for decor purposes so I will not fault you if you aren't a fan.

I prefer my lighthouses to look a little more like this:

Cape Cod, MA
(This makes my heart ache a little...I haven't been there in so long)

Most of the decorative ones I have seen make me wanna throw up in my mouth a little - mostly I think because people feel that one is simply not enough, let's do 245 in one room. Just being honest. However, I thought that because this lighthouse is a neutral color, has classic lines and doubles as a lantern...well, it had me at hello.

Originally $17.99 (Yay for the rare find with tags still on), I was happy to purchase it for a cool $2.

My plan: Place a cream colored candle inside to act as a literal lighthouse in my home OR fill it with a summery potpourri or collection of beach pebbles. I think that shells would be too kitschy. Not sure where this lady is going to eventually take up residence but summer decorating will be here before we know it! :)

What about you guys?! Did you go yard saling today and if so, what'd ya get good?!

Jennifer. Pictures, Images and Photos

The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
Romans 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...