Monday, April 25, 2011

Just Hanging Out

photo courtesy of sisterlysavings.net

Oh.my.word.


I am soooooo excited!

Guess what I'm getting?!?!?!?!

Are you ready?!

Oh...I can't stand it!

YAY.YAY.YAY.YAY.

Okay, I'm gonna tell ya.

I.am.getting.

Du.duh.dun.dun.DUN!

A CLOTHES LINE!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Can you STAND it?!

((Crickets.))

Eh hem.

Well, I am excited about it anyhow.

I've wanted one for like EVER.

When I visit Amish Country (Lancaster County), one of the things I most admire are the clothes lines.

I know that it's kinda silly.

But they signify something.

They are down to earth and speak of a simple life.

I picture warm days with light breezes...and sunshine. Always sunshine.

The reason that we are getting a clothes line is that our dryer has been having some issues lately. I'm talking *it takes 2 hours to dry one load of towels* issues. Do you know how that can wreak havoc on an electric bill?

I wanted a clothes line even before we started having dryer issues but it was never really a priority, more just like something on my wish list.

But now that my husband sees the problem as creating more dollar signs on the electric bill...it's become a priority.

So...YAY for fun priorities! And going green without even trying.



"
Start hanging laundry, reduce your carbon footprint, get tuned into your weather patterns, enjoy some quiet time in the sun, and get ready to stick your face in your clean clothes and sniff them as they come off the line!" - Nan

7 comments:

  1. I love hanging my clothes out. The sun is a great stain lifter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted a clothes line forever too. Problem is, I really don't want it out all the time spreading across my yard and we have nothing to attach a retractable one too. I have an idea for a solution though. There's just something about sleeping on clean sheets that have been hung outside to dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid my mom went through a "phase" of hanging out our clothes (perhaps our dryer was in the fritz too, lol!) ... which meant that I got the lovely chore of hanging out clothes. Lucky me. It took for-evah and then I had REALLY stiff underwear.... I think I will stick with my dryer! BUT ... good for you. I know many people who love hanging out their clothes. I am just not one of them! Now don't kill me for saying it!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just have to add ... my "word verification" to post a comment was "UNDES"!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! Amy...you are funny! I loved the "word verification". :) I have to say that I definitely don't love the idea of clothing being stiff so I will probably still dry something's 'the good ol fashioned' way'. Oh wait. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops...I guess it really should be some thing's...not something's. I need to go to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would be just as excited! We just moved in a few months ago...and other things have become priorities...but a clothesline is at the top of my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...