Since I've been without a proper working USB cable, I haven't been able to share with you some of my yard sale finds from recent weeks. It's been killing me because I've had a couple of really good weeks and have found some super cute things! :)
Wanna see?!?!


I am especially excited about these 2 pieces which I bought separately (actually my inlaws bought the bottom piece for me). I plan on using them together in my school room.
The top piece is a handmade copy of this shelf from Pottery Barn (sold online for $229.00 - I got mine for $10 HA!):
I plan on recreating this basic look - painting both pieces to match, replacing the hooks, topping the bench with a cushion and possibly using some seagrass baskets for storage... I'll be sure to post "after" pics.I also got this cute little thing @ an antique store in our area - love the humor. :)
For those of you who are still of the very antiquated idea that yard sales only have junk...think again, my friends!One woman's trash is another woman's treasure.
XO
By the way, those these are all household/decor items, I've also gotten great deals on DVD's, toys, clothes etc for the kiddos...even a new DS game for Nic for $2 - he was THRILLED. I didn't take pictures of any of that though - figured that you girls would enjoy the home decor more than all that. :)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.
ReplyDeleteI think if you intend to taunt us with all of your great finds, you should at least post where you plan to ys- BEFORE you go in order to give the rest of us a shot at it! :D There is NEVER, and I mean never- any good stuff like that around here!! At least spill about what area you go around, and where you find the notices! JEALOUS!! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha Jynell! :) We typically go all over but the best week we've had so far this year has been in East Coventry. I also typically hit the larger (read: more expensive) developments...more money USUALLY means better quality items (but not always). Ya just gotta go regularly like any other hit or miss type of situation and ya gotta look for POTENTIAL items instead of what you see is what you get. I'm learning to get more creative with my finds...mostly from reading blogs! ;)
ReplyDelete