Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Consider Yourself Tagged: A Mommy Survey

In honor of Mother's Day coming up, I thought that it'd be fun to do a little Mommy survey. Care to join me? :)

Here's mine...

1. How long have you been a Mom?

Almost 7 years (including 9 months of pregnancy)

2. How many children call you (or have called you) Mommy?

3

3. Girl? Boy? Both? How many?

2 boys and 1 girl

4. Did you know what you were having before you gave birth?

I wanted to find out with my first two so that I could be prepared nursery and clothing wise but since we had one of each by the 3rd child, we decided to be surprised. I honestly LOVED being surprised with our last one. When my husband happily cried "It's a BOY!", I was like..."Oh yeah! I forgot that we didn't know!" :) That was really fun.


5. How old were you when you became a Mom?:

27

6. How long were you in labor?

12 hours - despite the mind blowing pain, it produced awesome results. :)


7. What’s your favorite thing about being a mom?

It is so hard to pick just one thing but they make me laugh! Oh man...the things that they come up with. Crack.Me.Up.


8. What’s your least favorite thing?

The fact that I can't protect them from pain. When they hurt, I hurt more. Even though I know I have to put them in God's hands, my maternal instinct is fierce. You hurt my babies, I hurt you. I wish sometimes that I could turn that off. It's the craziest kind of love.

9. Do you want more kids?

I miss having babies but I honestly feel content with the 3 that I have. I feel like our family is complete. Of course, I wouldn't object if God gave us more! I love big families.

10. Do you plan on having more soon?

Nope...I didn't plan on my last 3 either though. ;)

11. Does/did daddy change diapers?

Yes, thankfully, he's always been very good with that.

12. How many times have you been peed on?

Oh goodness...quite a few. :)

13. Barfed on?

Once, that I can remember. My son, Nicolas, was about 2 and he got a very bad stomach virus. I picked him up out of his crib and he barfed all down the back of me. It was lovely.

14. Is/are your child(ren) named after anyone?

My son Nicolas' middle name is Angelo which is also my husband's middle name.
Natalie was named after the street we lived on in North Carolina.


15. How did you come up with their name(s)?

Natalie was really the only name that we got from something specific (see above). After having 2 N's, it seemed only right that our 3rd should also have an N name. It worked out perfectly since we now have Nic*Nat*No. :)

16. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?

My husband and I both are but I am the stronger disciplinarian.

17. And who is the good guy?

I feel like my husband let's my kids off easier than I do so maybe technically he is "the good guy" but honestly, I discipline my kids because I love them and I think that they get that so I don't really ever feel like "the bad guy".

18. What is the longest you have been away from your children?

A week, last year in Arizona. I went there to spend time with my cousin who had recently moved. Had such a blast that I am going again this year - a month from today! I know that some people may not agree with that but honestly, it was the best thing. We, as mom's, really need a reprieve. When you really think about it, we don't EVER get a vacation. Even when we are on vacation with our kids, we are still needing to cut up food, refill sippy cups, give baths, put everyone to bed etc. When you get to get away on your own for a bit and recharge, it winds up being a good thing for everyone. Plus, my kids are desperate to go to grandma's for the week - they practically can't wait til I leave! :)


19. Bedtime routine?

Our basic is this...bath time, pj's, read a book, sing a song (or 2 or 5 depending on the night), prayers and lights out. Sometimes it's all, sometimes it's some, sometimes it isn't much other than pj's, prayers and light's out. We ALWAYS pray before bed and I always kiss them goodnight and tell them I love them.

20. Are your toes painted?

At the moment, yes. But they are chipping and I do, DESPERATELY need a pedicure.

21. Last movie you saw in the theater?

My husband and I took our two older ones to see The Chronicles of Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader for Nic's birthday. They had never been to the theater before and were in AWE. It was pretty funny when my daughter said, "Mommy, what is a movie theater?" And to think...once upon a time, I practically went every weekend!

22. Last time you had a date?

Oh man...I have no idea. It's been quite a while.

23. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom?

Time to myself. It's a necessary part of keeping your own personal identity.

24. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom?

The freedom to be able to just pick up and go.

25. Best mom perk?

Front row seat to the best show on earth - my kids lives!


26. Snack you sneak bites from your child?

Chicken nuggets.

27. When the kid is napping, you are?

You're lookin' at it!

28. Where is your child now?

All three of them are in the living room.

29. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes?

Target has super cute ones...I got a lot from Motherhood and Gap Maternity as well.

30. If I could do it over, I’d do this differently:

I would have sat down with my husband and discussed how we'd like to raise our future children instead of discovered our radical differences after the fact.

31. What is the craziest thing you have said/done/taught since becoming a mom?

Isn't the simple fact that I am a mom crazy enough?! :)

It's because of these absolutely TO DIE FOR kiddos that I'm a Mommy and I couldn't be prouder of them!


Now it's YOUR turn! Tag...you're it!
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...