Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A 3 Letter Word

I kid you not. It almost sounds like it should be a curse word.

I'm not prepared to hear it. Not from him.

He's my baby...

Though there isn't much baby left in him...

And now this...

I almost feel like washing his mouth out with soap, I swear.

"Mom"

Wasn't I JUST feeling the anticipatory pangs of excitement at the thought of him finally calling me, "Mommy"???

Now I have this all-too-grown-up little blond boy in front of me calling me............

"Mom"

And it sounds foreign.

He is my last. And "Mommy" is almost officially gone.

And it makes me so sad.

Not even 3 years old yet and...

I'm "Mom" now.

I need a moment of silence to grieve.

Will someone please tell me...where is the freeze button on time?!

Diapers to driver's license in 60 seconds flat.

3 years ago this Friday, I met him for the first time face to face. It was my birthday.

Best.Birthday.Gift.EVER.

We're gonna have to have a serious talk about this "Mom" thing...

1 comment:

  1. Both of mine still call me "Mommy" sometimes, especially Kaitlyn. Not looking forward to when it's just "Mom" all the time.....but I guess there are worse things they can call me. Don't panic....I'm sure "Mommy" not gone for good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...