Monday, June 13, 2011

School Room Decor

2 more 1/2 days left of school until Summer vacation. Which means approximately 3 months to go until school starts again in the fall. For those of you who follow my blog, you know that we've decided to homeschool for the 2011-2012 school year. Nicolas will be in first grade and Natalie will be in kindergarten. Noah will be attending preschool as planned - his first year! Where did my baby go?! Now that I have our curriculum chosen, it's time to start designing our school room. I've been throwing around some flooring ideas, wall colors, furniture options etc but haven't purchased anything quite yet. I did however find a couple of fun decor items while in Arizona last week.

Wanna see???

The first thing I found was at Domestic Bliss in Mesa, AZ. Strangely enough, I follow their blog online, never knew it was an actual store and wound up there on vacation. If that isn't meant to be, I don't know what is. ;) ANYWAY, how cute are these? They are Alphabet flash cards that are made to be wall art - each card is an 8x10. Definitely so super cute and appropriate for our school room. One slight problem is that I somehow picked up a "hardware store" themed set. No idea. I am going to look into sending it back and exchanging it for this more traditional and gender neutral set. ;) If you're interested, you can find them at http://www.domesticblissdesign.com/ for $27.50.

The second thing(s) I found were at Urban Outfitters in downtown Tempe. They are metal 3D letters I found on clearance for $2.99 each (good deal, right?!) - you can't tell from these pics but they are a pretty decent size and will sit rather cutely on a shelf in our room. At first, I thought of getting the E for education but then the Z was also sticking in my head. My cousin, Kelly, said, "Hey, what about getting both and spelling "Easy" with them?" Hello. I am ashamed that I didn't think of it. EZ = EASY = Easy Classical - the curriculum we have chosen...GEN.IUS. LOVE.

So this last item is not something I purchased in AZ or at home...YET. But it is something on my wish list. Etsy, of course, cause it's awesome like that. Check it out.

So super cute, right?! This particular seller is only offering it in a 8x10 size but I'm gonna try to finagle a poster size somehow. More of a statement, ya know?

So, despite being on vacation last week and having an insanely fun time, I still kept the fact that we're taking a giant leap into a brand new adventure in a very.short.period.of.time.

We're getting there! XO The kids mentioned to me several times in the last couple of days how much they are looking forward to homeschool...probably because I promised them a hamster as our school pet...but oh well...I'll take whatever I can get! ;)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...