
OK so...we don't ACTUALLY have a beach house...we just have a regular house (though it IS a CAPE COD...and Cape Cod has beaches...***stretch much***).
Our regular house is right smack dab in the middle of Suburbia, Pennsylvania and our "beach" is almost 2 hours away at the Jersey Shore.
(around here, you don't say your "going to the beach", you say that you're "goin' down the shore").
Even though we don't live in a quintessential beach house, it's summertime...and what better way to celebrate summer and feel all it's beachy glory on the everyday than to create our own personal beach house. Sorta.
Here is my take so far... (sorry for the terrible picture quality...the lighting was very off this morning...)
Our Foyer
I am very excited about this sand dollar garland I made...lol
Chalk: It's what's happenin' at our house...I use it on everything...Like the [aluminum?] bucket below and the pitcher on our table...(gives it a little something special, don't ya think?)


The bar stools I picked up while out yard saling last weekend - $10 each! :) It was a fluke that they wound up in the dining room (they were originally bought for the kitchen) but they actually work out better here and I love them!
These hydrangeas rival the ones from LBI last week...my wonderful mother-in-law and kiddos picked these for me at one of my neighbors houses yesterday...
Our Living Room
'Dream' sign purchased at a yard sale last week!
I love these tags I 'found' at Found by Domestic Bliss in Mesa, AZ(Chalk courtesy of me...)
Hourglass featured in this post.
I know that it's kind of weird to decorate with a business card (scotch taped no less) but I think that it's cute...plus, I like the play on words...'I once was lost but now I'm FOUND'I filled this jar with some sand and the quotes cards I 'found' at the store with the same name.
Sample Quote:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr.





So...that's what I got so far... I still have the rest of the house to do so be on the look out for part 2 either later in the weekend or early next week.:)
Do YOU have a "beach" house?!
XO
Do YOU have a "beach" house?!
XO








No comments:
Post a Comment