Thursday, July 28, 2011

Paintin' The Town Red


Okay...maybe just the house...but it may as well be the town. I am on a red rampage!

First, I painted one of our side tables in our living room...they are actually nesting tables but I only painted the top table...the espresso color underneath looks pretty showing through and it mutes the red so it's not so HELLO.

It started out looking like this...



See bottom left
But now...it looks like this!

 

At first, I wasn't sure that I liked it...but my husband kept raving about it...and then my sister came by and SHE raved about it. So...what did I do?

Yeah, I decided to paint something ELSE red...

So our sofa table also went from this...


To this...


 

Talk about DRAB to FAB.  

(I know that was SUCH a huge cheeseball thing to say and yet, I said it anyway...deal)

Ahhhhhhh...

I'm in love.

Okay?  It's true.

I often fall in love with inanimate objects.

Not gonna lie.

I was sitting outside, sharing at my masterpiece when my daughter came out, sat beside me and asked, "Mommy, what are you doing?"

"Mommy is just looking at my new table..."

"Why?!"

"You'll hopefully understand when you are older."

The truth is...I could have spent hours out there just staring at the table. Why? I don't know. I just love turning nothing into something. It makes me happy.

My sincere hope is that my daughter has that same passion when she is older. I swear that it's one of the best things of this life.


So, now, of course, I'm thinkin'...what ELSE can I paint red?

Oh, by the way, if you're interested, I used Colonial Red by American Accents by Rust-Oleum (smooth satin finish) .

I used my leftover chalkboard paint to paint the knobs. They were originally brushed nickle.

So, what do you think? Good make-over or bad make-over?


7 comments:

  1. Love it! I love red!!! And yet I don't have any in my house! :) I'm not that brave, but you inspired me! What should I do with that toy box? My laundry room is yellow (can't really tell from the picture I posted) I had planned to put a rustic, white bench in there, then my husband brought home that ugly thing...I would love to refinish it, but I've never done anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sofa table!!! The blue vase REALLY POPS NOW!!!
    I'm not a big RED fan in home deco-we bought a home where the lady LOVED LOVED red-red rugs, red fridge, red & silver wallpaper in the bath YOU get the point..., but your tables look great!

    Stopping in with vB members to rember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. TALENTED. Those look awesome and your house is GORGEOUS!!! Kudos to you... I'm inspired. xo.

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks brand new after painting. Too bad I dont have patience for these projects. You are really tempting me. Feel like painting one of the low table at home but I worry about giving up half way :( Am so bad at it.

    kathy
    http://www.smallkucing.com
    http://mamakucingbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, you should totally go for it! Just a simple can of spray paint can make your furniture look new again! Even if you don't like the work, you'll certainly LOVE the results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic. I love red also. I painted our downstairs living room red. I also have a burgandy spare room. I have a few pieces of furniture to refinish. I think you may have just motivated me to get off my rump and get it done. Your house is gorgeous. I love all the little added touches. The fireplace makes me smile. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...