However, I'm STILL decorating for it.
Which makes no sense, I know. For crying out loud, it'll be fall soon.
BUT...I couldn't let it go any longer. My front stoop looked about as dry and barren as our backyard. Our grass is seriously CRUNCH AND MUNCH and there's not a hint of green hardly anywhere.
Drought much? Ugh.
Unfortunately, I didn't take a before pic of the stoop...and honestly, it's a good thing I didn't because you may stop reading my blog all together if you knew how ugly it was.
I DID however take a before pic of my wreath.
I bought it at a yard sale a few weeks ago for $1. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it's pretty beat up and pathetic looking. The lady selling it looked like I was nuts for actually buying it and I swear she almost snickered and thought that she got one over on me. But little did she know...I just wanted the wreath for it's bones. I went to Michael's last night and hello...the very same wreath was $21.99. Bare. It's highway robbery, I swear. And you should see the hideously decorated ones they are trying to sell for 1/2 a c-note. Gahross! Needless to say, I didn't buy one of those but I DID buy a few other things...
![]() |
| I got a "bunch" of "silk" green hydrangea blooms, a "bunch" of heather and 3 sprigs of crystal berries. I already had the glue sticks and the hot little glue gun on hand. |
Next, I cut the hydrangeas and the heather from their stems and proceeded to play around with an arrangement. Finally, once I got it right, I hot glued it all in place. Basically, I just covered the stem in hot glue and shoved it in hoping it stuck to the grapevine. Good news...it worked!
So...here is how the wreath looks now...
Here is a closer look so that you can sorta see the detail of it.
(By the way, I had no clue that Michael's was having a sale until I went to the check out and discovered that my hydrangeas, heather and crystal berries only came to $11. So...the wreath was a $1 and everything else was $11. Not bad for a $12 wreath, huh?! Like I said, the bare grapevine wreath that I originally wanted at Michael's was $21.99!)
So...here is how it looks in it's new home...I also hit up a local nursery for some 50% off annuals - My sweet potato vine was fresh out but they did have some lovely coleus, some Carolina vine thing and some sweet succulents that smell like mint...can't remember their name. Gives my front stoop a little life and my soul a pick me up. Ahhhhhh...






Hey Jenn - your house looks really cute and you did a great job on the wreath! You have a talent for design... love the stuff you do!!!
ReplyDeletexo
Cass
http://www.unplugyourfamily.ca
THANK YOU, Cass! I really appreciate you saying that. :) You are so sweet. XO
ReplyDelete