I went to HomeGoods this morning...and eyed up this baby for approx. 15 minutes.
I loved it but was a tad uncertain (it WAS $50)...hemming and hawing I went on and on...texted my sister a picture...but THEN...another customer (aka competitor) came on the horizon...she started taking a peek...then she wandered over...then she started oooohing and ahhhhing..."Oh, that is SO unique!" she said...I could tell that she was crouching down for the kill. EH HEM...No, I don't think so. "Um, excuse me, are you looking at this?" I asked... "Because, I am actually buying it." I may have said it just a tad snottily which I soooo didn't mean but I found myself in defense mode! What the... Oh well, sometimes we need a little push...and that girl, today, was my pusher.The canvas is mine...MINE...MINE...(evil laugh)...eh hem.
Get a hold of yourself, girl.
That is a bad picture and doesn't do it justice but basically...it's PERFECT. Talk about a focal point! It's a biggie too so it'll fill up a good portion of our back wall. Hello. Loverly, thank you very much.
I have no idea why that is posting sideways...I have it right side up in my computer. Oh well.
Funny story, when I took this picture, my camera asked me "Did someone blink?" with a circle around the little Russians. HAHA
My chalkboard came UPS today as well as several more curriculum books - score!
Nothin' sunny's up a rainy Thursday like some good mail and some pretty artwork. :)
AND to bring this day to a wonderful close, I am spending the evening with my dear cousin, Kim tonight. She is giving me her filing cabinet (bless her heart) and I'm going to pick it up. And we'll throw a little din din in there for good measure.
Yay! Everything is really starting to come together!
I don't know why I was so worried before...I should have know it would all work out.
Silly me.
XOXO




I hope you are as excited about homeschooling as you are to design the home school room! That artwork is perfect! Can't wait to see how it all comes together!
ReplyDeleteHaha...you obviously haven't been reading my posts...shame shame! I AM totally excited to TEACH as well as decorate our room. :) In fact, I was just flipping through our 1st science book for this year - we're studying animals for our first semester and being that we're doing a Biblically based curriculum, we're learning Zoology - CREATION style. I cannot WAIT! There are so many fun class projects that we'll be working on. I am looking forward to learning right along with the kids. It'll be a fun refresher. :)
ReplyDelete