Hurricane Irene has moved on from SEPA but she left a little bit of a mark on our basement.
I had no idea that our basement could take on so much water!
And here all along, we thought that only a little bit of water would leak occasionally through our bilco doors with a heavy rain.
It figures that I am on my own this weekend and I have really no idea what to do about it. :(
But the good news is this...it taught me a lesson in faith.
Originally, we were supposed to build a schoolroom in our basement this summer but things never progressed and I decided at the last minute to move production upstairs to our home office.
Admittedly, I was annoyed, put out, frustrated, a little sad etc because let's face it, I had ideas in my head and I wanted what I wanted...what I thought was best.
The big room would have been awesome.
BUT...my God knows better. And I am SO THANKFUL that he does.
If we had started building (and according to my calculations, we'd have been just about finished by now), everything would have been completely ruined. Because we had no idea. We wouldn't have been prepared.
So, today, I'm so grateful for a lot of things...my family is completely safe, my kiddos and I had someplace to go to wait out the scary forecasts (Thanks Mom and Dad!), we didn't have any exterior damage to our home and yes, we have water in our basement but there wasn't anything down there of great value.
I'm so thankful to have a God who is in control instead of me.
Irene was great but as always...our God is greater. :)
XO
P.S. My heart goes out to all of the families who were not as fortunate as we were. I am praying for a quick recovery and peace to those that lost their loved ones.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
God is Greater
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment