My goodness, I just saw that I haven't posted in 2 weeks. Yikes! That may be a record for this blogger.
The honest truth is that...I've been busy...swamped...overwhelmed...overworked...wiped out...and then I did it all again the next day.
We've been working on our school room for weeks...months maybe and phew - just put the finishing touches on it this morning. It's DONE. Finite. Finally. The relief is just as overwhelming as the work was and I'm honestly beat.
Unfortunately, there's no time for rest. School has begun and I.have.no.time. to myself. It's weird. But good.
For those of you that don't know and aren't pickin' up what I'm putting down, I am homeschooling 2 of my 3 kiddos this year.
Today was day 3. Can I tell you that though I am worn down to the bone and have massive dark under eye circles, I.am.LOVING.this. I just told a friend today that in all of the weeks and weeks in the last 6 1/2 years that I have been a mother, this has quite possibly been my favorite week EVER.
The first day of school, after our big room reveal for the kiddos (they lit up like their best Christmas morning, I swear - it was AWESOME), Natalie said to me, "This is the BEST DAY EVER!" and Nicolas said, "Homeschooling is so much FUN!". Seriously? Could I have sweeter kiddos? Oh my goodness. I got teary.
I'm exhausted, so these days it does not take much to make me cry but good Lord, I am so thankful that my kiddos hearts have been touched. If nothing else gets accomplished this year, that will have been enough.
Well...I AM hoping something else gets accomplished...
After all...we bought a lotta books...
So, please forgive me...if you are a regular follower and you've been checking in wondering what's up, I promise to return soon...don't give up on me!
I have a big school room reveal for ya! I'm tellin' ya what...it's awesome. I'm not sure it's kosher to say that about a room that I did but too bad. I love it. I'm super proud of it and super thankful to those who helped me make my dream school room become a reality. Can't wait to show you guys! :)
So...keep your eyes peeled...I'm hoping to have the reveal post up sometime this week...or maybe over the weekend...or maybe early next week...or next month...lol ;)
Oh alright...sorry...I am non-committal. How about a little sneak peek to satisfy (or peak) the curiosity?
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment