Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Name Ain't Pretty, It's Progress

For those of you who have been following our little home office studio storage catch all  hot mess turned school room adventure, I have some pictures to share with you today! Just a warning, they are PROGRESS pictures not PRETTY pictures. So, don't get your hopes up. But I thought that it'd be fun to take some pics along the way to see how far we've come in just a few short days. I'm tellin' you, where there is a will, there is a way. And baby...there's a will.

Let's call this Day 1 (Monday, August 14th, 2011):

BEFORE PICS:

From the outside looking in...


Progress Day 1: Clean Out The Armoire
Yup...I am one of THOSE people...shove it in, shut the door and smile
Day 2 (Tuesday, August 15, 2011):
I removed the armoire by myself (among other items)...I am woman...hear me ROAR!!! :)
 
 Then...I started pulling up the carpet...
 
 
It literally took me all day...well, I did break for lunch...and dinner...and a trip to Lowe's for some fun decorative type of things...including 3 plants to "purify my air" and a really cool pumpkin thing that I am planning on showing you later. :)

So...here we are...Day 3:
No, that is not dirt, it's paint...don't even ask...I could seriously wring the previous owners necks for what they did to these floors...gorgeous hardwood floors throughout the whole house...ruined. :( 
Oh...I have words...I have words...
 I'm thinking that I sooooo need a new chair...that ugly black thing just WON'T do.
This is not how my desk will be set up but I am enjoying how my school books look in my new little Ikea magazine organizers. :)
So far today, I've cleaned the floor and I've set down the rug and brought in a couple of my accessories and I'm color planning...then it's off to Lowe's to pick up some paint...not sure if I will get to any actual painting today but maybe...

Oooooh...and I may go shopping for curtain rods and window treatments...

What I am REALLY having trouble with is what color to paint my table.

I bought a nice table at a yard sale about a month or so ago for $10.
It even has a drawer which will be perfect for easy to reach writing utensils for the kiddos etc.

Oh, by the way, we decided to do a table instead of individual desks for the kids. In speaking with some of my homeschooling mommy friends, they said this usually worked best for them.

I'm thinking of cutting down the legs a little bit so it's at a more kid friendly height and using my new Target storage ottomans as seats. Not sure but I don't have chairs yet for it so this may work.

That will leave me the perfect spot for my Ikea Trofast collection (workbox system).

(Just me...thinking out loud!)

Be on the lookout for more updates coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. You are superwoman? The armoire looks very heavy. How did you ever managed to move it all by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By looking at it, you would think that it was extremely heavy but thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I literally tipped it down and pulled it through the doorway and living room. Thrilled that I managed to do it without hitting the ceiling or walls. You can probably notice that it's now sitting in my foyer waiting for my husband to help move it the rest of the way to the garage. It could have been adrenaline. Like I said, where there is a will, there is a way. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...