Monday, August 22, 2011

Technically Day 8 but Really More Like Day 5

My husband did some spackling/caulking last night which means that painting our school room can begin today...

:)

Painting legit wood paneling (knots and all) should be super fun (not) but I will be REALLY happy to see this color that I have renamed Skittle Spit (You know that dingy purpley gray color that is created when all colors are chewed together and then spit out?...yeah, that's it).

I have quite a long list of things to accomplish this week.

  1. Paint the walls 
  2. Paint the trim 
  3. Paint the door
  4. Replace the hardware (including outlet cover etc)
  5. Spackle the floor
  6. Paint the floor
  7. Hang the window treatments
  8. Hang the chalkboard
  9. Hang the art work
  10. Trip to Ikea for Trofast [workbox] system
  11. Purchase paint and paint the filing cabinet
  12. Sand and paint the table (have Dad cut down the legs first)
  13. Paint the Trofast frame 
  14. Clean and paint the shutters
  15. Measure for sheet metal and have it cut
  16. Dad to come over to finish the built-in bookshelf 
  17. Go to Joann's for fabric and spray adhesive etc
  18. Order the last couple of books to complete our curriculum
  19. I am sure there are others to add here...
And I only have 'til Thursday to accomplish most of it!


Happy Monday!

P.S. Is anyone else having a really hard time sleeping lately? I have been getting [at the most] 5-6 hours of sleep a night, if I'm lucky. My mind just keeps racing about all I have to do...

2 comments:

  1. When I'm stressed out about something, I can't sleep either. You will feel better when it is all done. That is quite a list! Hope you can recruit some help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so, Kel! My lack of sleep has me not feeling so well today...I am sure the iced coffee hasn't helped either.

    It IS quite the list and my hubby will help me with some of it (he is a fantastic picture hanger :)) but I am on my own for most of it. It's been a lesson in patience and persistence for sure. This is my real first head to toe project in a while so it's exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. And it hasn't helped that my kiddos have been underfoot the whole time begging to go somewhere. They are go go go'ers like me...staying home for them is a new thing. It'll be good practice for school in a couple of weeks though. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...