I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
That's an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!
- - Junior Asparagus
He is one...smart...vegetable, is he not?!
Ahhhhhh...I love Veggie Tales. I don't remember how I discovered them but once I did, my kids were HOOKED. I can even remember Nicolas as a baby being completely mesmerized by them...
Look...I even took pictures of it!


I think that Nicolas was maybe 4 1/2 or 5 months in this picture (now he's 5...sniff sniff)...he just LOVED them...you can probably tell from his positioning that he was completely enthralled...too funny! :)
ANYWAY...this post isn't actually about Veggie Tales but when I started thinking about writing a post on thankfulness, the Veggie Tale song came in my head and my brain just went there... It has a mind of it's own...pun intended. ;)
I'm a blog lover and occasionally I surf around to see which blogs say what. I find new friends as well as catch up with the old. Well, I've found that a lot of the Christian-mom-type blogs have somewhat of a trend in "What I am Thankful For" posts. I really like those and thought that I'd do one of my own...or even possibly make it a regular thing...like Thankful Thursdays or what have you. I don't know...thoughts? Ann has an absolutely beautiful version...but then, everything she says is beautiful. I cried while reading her recent post because with each word she writes, my heart cringes in conviction.
Sooooo today, I am thankful...
...for waking up next to the cutest little blond head around. He had a bad dream during the night and needed some Mama comfort. When I put my arm around him, he snuggled closer and we both fell back to sleep for a while...I love hearing him breathe.
...for a complaint free breakfast.
...for my newly bloomed Bradford Pear tree...it just popped this morning!
...that my husband is finally free of his sickness.
...for Snuggle fabric softener.
...for a renewed desire to eat healthy.
...for motivation to finally put away the laundry.
...for my computer GENIUS cousin, Jeff, who is helping me tackle the nasty virus my computer contracted a few days ago. He is SUCH a huge blessing to me.
...that Jeff put a deposit on a house...so exciting!!!
...that I didn't buy the flash drive at CVS because Staples had one for $32 cheaper!
...for delicious Amish style macaroni salad with Kettle Cooked chip crumbs along side a homemade ham and cheese sandwich with spicy brown mustard and pickle slices...YUM.
...for nap time.
...for the sunshine...it's finally out now! :)
...that Nicolas is doing so well at school this year and that all of the kids in his class like him and look up to him. That makes me so proud!
...for my salvation...because without that, what does anything else really mean?
It's only 2:30 in the afternoon so I am sure that I will have lots more to be thankful for by the end of the day but I'll leave it at that for now!
Nap time is almost over and it's time to get back to the grind...
Hope that you all have a wonderful day today and have lots to be thankful for!
XO

***Update***
I'm also thankful that my mom took Nic and Nat for a few hours when she picked up Madison from school...hello! Don't ya just LOVE grandparents?!?! And now...I really must get to work! Can't squander my precious time without the insane asylum escapees! ;)
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
That's an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!
- - Junior Asparagus
He is one...smart...vegetable, is he not?!Ahhhhhh...I love Veggie Tales. I don't remember how I discovered them but once I did, my kids were HOOKED. I can even remember Nicolas as a baby being completely mesmerized by them...
Look...I even took pictures of it!


I think that Nicolas was maybe 4 1/2 or 5 months in this picture (now he's 5...sniff sniff)...he just LOVED them...you can probably tell from his positioning that he was completely enthralled...too funny! :)
ANYWAY...this post isn't actually about Veggie Tales but when I started thinking about writing a post on thankfulness, the Veggie Tale song came in my head and my brain just went there... It has a mind of it's own...pun intended. ;)
I'm a blog lover and occasionally I surf around to see which blogs say what. I find new friends as well as catch up with the old. Well, I've found that a lot of the Christian-mom-type blogs have somewhat of a trend in "What I am Thankful For" posts. I really like those and thought that I'd do one of my own...or even possibly make it a regular thing...like Thankful Thursdays or what have you. I don't know...thoughts? Ann has an absolutely beautiful version...but then, everything she says is beautiful. I cried while reading her recent post because with each word she writes, my heart cringes in conviction.
Sooooo today, I am thankful...
...for waking up next to the cutest little blond head around. He had a bad dream during the night and needed some Mama comfort. When I put my arm around him, he snuggled closer and we both fell back to sleep for a while...I love hearing him breathe.
...for a complaint free breakfast.
...for my newly bloomed Bradford Pear tree...it just popped this morning!
...that my husband is finally free of his sickness.
...for Snuggle fabric softener.
...for a renewed desire to eat healthy.
...for motivation to finally put away the laundry.
...for my computer GENIUS cousin, Jeff, who is helping me tackle the nasty virus my computer contracted a few days ago. He is SUCH a huge blessing to me.
...that Jeff put a deposit on a house...so exciting!!!
...that I didn't buy the flash drive at CVS because Staples had one for $32 cheaper!
...for delicious Amish style macaroni salad with Kettle Cooked chip crumbs along side a homemade ham and cheese sandwich with spicy brown mustard and pickle slices...YUM.
...for nap time.
...for the sunshine...it's finally out now! :)
...that Nicolas is doing so well at school this year and that all of the kids in his class like him and look up to him. That makes me so proud!
...for my salvation...because without that, what does anything else really mean?
It's only 2:30 in the afternoon so I am sure that I will have lots more to be thankful for by the end of the day but I'll leave it at that for now!
Nap time is almost over and it's time to get back to the grind...
Hope that you all have a wonderful day today and have lots to be thankful for!
XO

***Update***
I'm also thankful that my mom took Nic and Nat for a few hours when she picked up Madison from school...hello! Don't ya just LOVE grandparents?!?! And now...I really must get to work! Can't squander my precious time without the insane asylum escapees! ;)

And I am thankful to have such an AMAZING woman like you in my life...the word PRESH doesn't even BEGIN to cover it! Seriously though, I am so very grateful for you and how you so enrich my life in SO many ways you just don't even know. Your faith, your perseverance, your wonderful sense of humor and your fabu interior decorating skills (just to name a few) have all been an inspiration to me. I love you with all my heart!! XOXOXO
ReplyDelete