Friday, March 12, 2010

French Country Inspiration

Sooooooo...I've been requested by my Nana (Dad's mom) to decorate a special room in her home. It's going to be her own private getaway...a place where she can go to relax and unwind...a place that is 100% HER. Her specific style request?

French Country.

So, I've been thinking about it...doing some research etc...

Not 100% sure what the french country look is really all about...

Worked on a little "inspiration sketch" on Polyvore this afternoon and came up with a few pieces that I think may work as a basic idea of the direction we'll go with it...(please ignore that hook rack thing...I tried to delete it but it wouldn't go away I thought that when I moved it out of the way, it wouldn't be in the set. Oh well)

French Country?
XO

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That stuff is expensive! I really like some of those pieces. I think a chandelier is a must! And make sure she has a big comfy chair and some soft light to cozy up and read. I think as long as it has curvier lines and the legs showing, it will look French country-ish. Make sure you take before and after pics. I wish someone would ask me to make-over a room. That would be so fun...especially if they are paying for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel...yeah, the stuff is crazy expensive...definitely going to shop elsewhere...this was just an idea. I'm looking forward to it and I will definitely be doing before and after pics...you know...for my portfolio. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should be a pro at this! isn't your kitchen pretty much french country??? if not, i do apologize, LOL, im at a loss for adjectives today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly E - You crack me up girl...lol...yeah, it may be a little bit french country now that I think about it...maybe b/c of the colors, roosters and eclectic this and that's... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...