Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Jesus, Bring The Rain

It's wet...it's miserable...it's cold...it's uncomfortable...it's inconvenient...it's mEsSy...it can really put you in a bad mood...

...or...

...you could turn it around...change your way of thinking...look at it in a different light...

...perhaps through a camera lens...or through a child's eyes...

...you could remember even for one moment who blesses us with this precious gift...

...or at the very least, be appreciative that you didn't have to water your own flowers today...

Whatever you choose to do...it's still gonna R A I N...like it or not...



Here is a pictorial view of how I see the rain today...through my own camera lens...set to my favorite "rain song"...written and performed by one of my favorite bands...these particular lyrics are seared on my heart...embedded in my soul...forever traced upon my mind...because no matter how often the rain comes, I know who it's creator is...and in the end, when the rain is over...he always promises a rainbow...

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray...

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain

Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty
is the Lord God Almighty
I'm forever singing

everybody singing
Holy holy holy
You are holy
You are holy

Today, I choose to think that the rain is beautiful...God given...enchanted...perfect...holy...

“God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”


Hope that you're enjoying this rainy day my friends!
XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...