Monday, March 1, 2010

Post Day Highlights

Hey all!

Some of you guys do "day in the life of" blog posts and that is a lot of fun to read and all but I don't think that I could remember all of that! There is so much that happens in a day...

So instead, I thought that it'd be fun to just share a few highlights with you.

Highlight #1: Noah got a haircut today! Doesn't he look so grown up? Sad to see the curls go though. :(


Highlight #2: We went to the library. This is always a highlight for me 'cuz I'm a bit of a book junkie. ;)

Since they didn't have the books that I wanted, I had to settle for this...

I know...super deep, right? ;)

I did, however, get to put the 2 books I wanted on hold and I am anxious to read them when they come in. Yay!

Highlight #3: This morning, I cut out a coupon from CVS for $3 off any purchase of $15 or more...and the other day, I had received a receipt coupon from CVS for $5 off any purchase of $15 or more...I wondered if I could combine them...found out I could...so excited! Went to find the coupon...um...hello...it was RIGHT THERE a minute ago! Well...don't ask me what possessed the man but my dear sweet husband THREW AWAY the coupon for $3 off. Grrrrrrr! I told him that it was REALLY important to me that he find it and being the...dear sweet husband that he is...he eventually (after much picking through the garbage) found it... Well...let's just say that I took it to the store in a baggie...it was too gross to handle. THAT is how determined I was to combine those stinkin' coupons! My plan was not to be hindered! ;) Ok so here's what I got...

My original plan was to get diapers but not a single diaper was on sale and since shopping for diapers @ Target, I have found that CVS is WAY over priced for them on most days. Decided against the diapers so now I was kinda at a loss as what to put my coupons towards. Finally decided on hair products. We are going to be needing shampoo soon anyway and I have seen/heard a lot of people raving about Aussie products on youtube lately so thought I'd check them out...

I'm honestly not sure that I got THAT great of a deal...that Olay body wash was definitely kinda steep at it's original price of $7.49.

Oh well...my first REAL attempt at couponing so I've got lots of room to improve.

Highlight #4: Since it was such a nice day, I took the kiddos to the park. It was still covered in snow but they didn't care...PLAYTIME!




Noah didn't want much to do with the playground this afternoon but rather had a sweet little nap time in the warm car (Despite the sun, it was still a tad too chilly outside for my taste as well!)


Highlight #5: Yay for easy (and healthy?) dinners that the kids will actually eat and not complain about! :)

Added some chicken tenderloin strips to this...

Made a little rice to go with and...

Viola!



Eh hem...this however, was NOT a highlight...that'll teach me to walk away from the stove...



Dinner is served!


This meal even pleases my picky eater...


That is definitely a highlight. :)

Last highlight of the day...#6

Being able to skip Life Unexpected so that the kiddos can watch a little Caillou before bed knowing full well that I can watch the full episode on line tomorrow.

Ok so...hope that you enjoyed the highlights of our day today! :)

We sure did!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...