Monday, March 1, 2010

Who Am I?

Consumed in self as always, I am lost...

I worry...

Am I good enough to be their mom? Am I good enough to be his wife? Am I good enough to be their friend?

Always questioning...always fearing the worst...

The worst...

Am I good enough for Him?

I can't answer because I know...

(NO...in and of myself, I know I am not good enough...)

But I know the One who can gently and lovingly remind me of what my heart so often fails to remember...struggles to believe...to comprehend something so humanly unfathomable...

And so I ask...and through his Spirit, he gives me the answer that my soul longs to hear...again...

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I?
That the bright and morning star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart.


Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.


I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean,
A vapor in the wind.
Still you hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And you've told me who I am.
I am yours.


Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.
Who am I?
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.


Whom shall I fear
I am yours...

- Casting Crowns

Suddenly, that is all I need to know...

The reminder once again takes root in my heart and my mind...

And those other questions that often rage brutal in my weary mind don't seem all that important...

I am His...and He is mine...

Would I ne'er forget it again...


XO


http://encouragingbiblequotes.com/verses2a.html

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...