Sunday, April 4, 2010

First Yard Sale Finds of the Season!

Cute little black accent lamp with olive green shade that has a light sheen to it - $1.50 (sorry, the picture quality is terrible since the sun was out and in my backlight)
Not really sure where I am going to put it just yet, but for $1.50, I really couldn't pass it up.

I am not really sure what you call this thing, but I bought 2 of them to place above a couple of my archways. My original plan was to get one that had more of a crescent shape to it but I think that these will work...especially @ $5.00 a piece. These, I actually did barter for believe it or not. I don't like to do that, however, she was originally asking $20 and I thought that was way too much (I was content to walk away but she told me to make an offer and so I did...and she accepted it! I was so proud of myself.) Sometimes, it pays to be the squeaky wheel. :)

I bought this chair with a project in mind. I have an Ikea child's table and chair set but I only had two chairs to go with it...as you all know, I have three children so that didn't really work for me. I bought this chair for $1.00 and I plan on painting the whole set to match sometime this Spring.

The key to yard saling, is not seeing the actual item, but rather the POTENTIAL of the item. You always have to be thinking when you're out saling..."What could it be?"

I've been known to be close minded about a piece while at a sale and then get home without purchasing it and wanting to kick myself b/c I thought of a really great idea...

I got this really great mirror for FREE! I probably would not have paid for it b/c it is really rather beat up and has an end chewed up BUT when we walked up the owner's driveway, she said..."I really have some place that I need to be but I do not want to take any of this stuff back in the house so PLEASE...whatever you want, just take it for free."

Hello............can you say.....................YAY!!! I wasn't gonna argue with her! ;)

This baby is going to be perfect as a "back splash" for my table in my potting shed.

This is probably my favorite item that I bought yesterday. These things are like $80 @ Target...or something ridiculous like that. But hello....this is the reason why I love yard sales...this was only $2.00!
The urn alone on this piece (which weighs at least 10 pounds - how I typically determine quality on this kind of stuff) is way more than $2...and the tree is prelit! I cannot wait to break it out next Christmas...I love these things! :)


I also bought a vintage apron. Isn't it cute? This sweet elderly man was selling a ton of them for $3 a piece. They had some really beautiful ones (lacey, frilly, chiffon...) but I wanted something durable that I could actually wear so I chose perhaps the less pretty of the bunch. Still love the scalloped detailing on the hem though and the flattering a-line shape. Mostly, I love that I feel like June Cleaver when wearing it. And honestly, I think that it will look really cute with jeans. lol

I also bought a bunch of odds and endsy play clothes for the kiddos. All really cute and hardly worn for CHEAP! You just can't beat cute-as-all-get-out 50 cent PJ's from baby Gap too. I mean, really.

Overall, I feel like I had a very successful "day one" of yard sale season 2010. :) Of course, it's always hit or miss and you really never know what you are going to find but the hunt is definitely fun. And it was a gorgeous day to be outside running around with my mom. :)

If you are not a yard saler, you really should check it out sometime. You don't know what you're missing!

If you are a yard saler...well, all I have to say is...Happy Hunting! May the best woman (or man) get to the table first! ;)

XO,


1 comment:

  1. Uuuuugh! I soo need to pawn the kids off on someone so I can go yard-sailing with you one of these Saturdays! I fear we'd be tackling each other to get to the great items first! LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...