Yay! Finally!
Ugh...do any of you KNOW how stinkin' difficult it is to try to mentally decorate a room that will be shared between 3 children - 2 boys and 1 girl? Cute shared spaces are like UFO's...you hear a lot of speculation but I am pretty convinced that no one has ever really seen one. Perhaps, I will be the design guru to start the pretty trend! lol Or...maybe not. But I will love my room and that is all that really matters. Though to be honest, if you were to be harsh about it, I may cry. I'm just gonna go ahead and admit that right there.
Aaaaanyhow...
Here goes...
Let's start with furniture...you may remember that I wanted to go with the black version of these:

Well, I am still going to go with that style, but in the color Oak or Pine instead:
That is because black really didn't "go" with the color direction of everything else that I was heading in and I need F L O W. If you know me, this is a huge stretch for me b/c I really don't like wood that is well...wood colored (typically). It has always seemed so dated looking to me but maybe that is silly thinking and so I digress.I have a very pretty Ikea armoire (sorry, no picture of this yet) with 2 glass front door window panes (I obviously had a hard time describing that correctly) complete with curtain rods...hello future coordinating (with bedding etc) fabric! :) This is also wood colored and I think that it'll be a nice sibling piece (no pun intended) - not too matchy matchy but still looks like it "goes". I like it A LAWT. ;) Inside of the armoire are 4 shelves and I'm seeing rattan or canvas bins with mini chalk board markers to label socks, undies, t-shirts and the like.
Will purchase a lovely little night stand/side table for the spot beside Natalie's bed if space allows.

For bedding, I want to go with a white down comforter for each bed covered in a white duvet cover with sham:
A green blanket for the bottom of each set (not this, but similar to this):
For sheets, we are back to PB because they pretty much have the best gingham around. I definitely want light pink gingham for Nat, blue gingham for one boy and chocolate gingham (if I can find it) for the other:
I'd like the white pillow shams to either have a monogrammed N in whichever shade matches their sheets OR their full name embroidered...haven't quite decided on that part yet. Perhaps also their initials...little details to iron out... :)Need a rather large accent rug but not too sure what color or style just yet...that will be one of the finishing touches and I'll wait to see what the room says once everything else is in place. :)
I'm going with lime green colored roman shades...couldn't find a picture though! Sorry! I am sure that you can all imagine what they look like.
We also are looking to replace the current ceiling fan with an all white one. I am not a huge ceiling fan person but I have to admit that on a hot night, it does help circulate the cool air. :)
Ok...now for the fun stuff...
I've always wanted one of these - keeps the books up and out of reach of small page-tearing fingers AND can double as wall art if you choose your book covers wisely - or cover them in pretty fabric, paper etc :):

Next, I'd like to create art using the letter N...various shapes and sizes all in the colors green, cream and brown with only 2 in blue (for Nicolas and Noah) and one lonely very pretty pink N for Natalie.
Not even remotely similar to this BUT you get the idea...
Lastly, because I am really starting to finally doze off here, I want to order wall art from Uppercase Living that says "They are precious in His sight..." (the kids favorite song) in very BIG print for all across one short wall...not sure of the colors or font yet...As in our bedroom, my dad is going to custom build a desk for the kids (ours is a vanity) and we'll need a chair with coordinating seat fabric...still not sure of this yet...
Sorry, can ya tell that I am getting lazy on ya? I know that it may seem boring to you but trust me, I think that it's going to be cool. I just don't have the energy to sell it to you at the moment.
OH...I forgot to talk about the walls/ceiling...
The walls will be white or cream with a wide green horizontal stripe around the center (a little OFF center actually) with a chocolate brown stripe toward the top and then a pink line above with a blue line below...I think. Since this is an idea I came up with in my own head, I do not and will not have a picture to show you. Not until it's complete anyway. I think that it's going to be cool though...at least it looks like it in my head. But then...
Oh anyway...I'm siked. And also beat. So...I must go and prepare for my inlaws who are coming for dinner...leftovers from my husband's 30th birthday party last night. Thank goodness, I don't have to do TOO much preparation for this one. :)
Night all and Happy Easter if I don't talk to you before tomorrow!
XO,

It sounds so picture perfect.. but the extreme common sense in me says.. white bedspread? in a kids room? How will you keep them clean?
ReplyDeleteI need new sheets for my kids bed.. do the PB wash well?
lol, Robyn...I know, I am nuts with the white but I guess I have high hopes. I'm also an expert stain-getter-outter so I think that it'll be okay. I just love the look of crisp white and it's a good common denominator in a shared space. Honestly not sure about the PB sheets, I've never bought them before. If we decide to get them, I'll be sure to let you know. I've always loved their gingham though. :)
ReplyDelete