Saturday, April 3, 2010

Inspiration via Insomnia

GOOD MORNING!


That is soooo what I feel like right now. lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I am brimming with design inspiration this morning and I can't wait to share it!!! Granted, I have been up since...oh, I don't know...the time I went to bed last night...BUT, at least my insomnia wasn't in vain!

(My mom was right...that coffee did get me after all)

I've decorated 4 rooms in my head and as soon as my husband left for his fishing tournament (4 a.m.), I jumped out of bed so that I could get it all down on paper. Now I am siked! It's in print and we're ready to go once our bedroom closets are finished.

Hooray! :)

The rooms that I've decorated in my head are as follows:

1) My husband's and my future love nest
2) Our kids future sleep den
3) Our entryway/foyer/stairway
4) Our upstairs bathroom

You have no idea what a load off my mind it is that I finally have a definite plan for these spaces. We've been living in this house for 2 years and I've had an incredible case of designers block since then.

But no more! I think that the lid finally broke loose and now I can unleash all of my design ideas into our sweet little home!

Yay!

So...without further adieu...lemme share some of my design thoughts with you...

I'll start with our bedroom (aka love nest) and then progress post to post from there.

We will be keeping our current Ikea bed which looks like this only ours is a dark brown wood (Also, we temporarily cut off the posts in order to fit it in our attic bedroom of our former home but plan on reattaching them once we move into our new room - I hope):

Bedding inspiration from Pottery Barn (I definitely want to go with a very natural, mostly white with a lot of texture look)

Absolutely want to get one of these for over the bed (also shown above):

(Pottery Barn)

As far as furniture goes, I am thinking about a long dresser for me and a tall dresser for my husband...perhaps something along these lines:

(Pottery Barn)

(Pottery Barn)

Sign me up for one of these as well please...only hold the M...I am an F now. ;)

(Pottery Barn - are you sensing a theme here?)

Adding a little texture with a jute or sisal accent rug:

(Pottery Barn)

I have always loved this style lamp...how fun would it be to be able to change out the inside according to season:

(Pottery Barn)

Textured shades also from...you guessed it, Pottery Barn:


My dad is building me a custom built-in vanity and I am going to need a chair for it...I'm thinking of something like this:

(Pottery Barn)

In this print:


As far as walls go, I am definitely doing a dramatic horizontal stripe as shown here:


AND...I may get a little "crazy" with the ceiling as well and go with an accent color such as seen here:

Great, now the "dancing on the ceiling" song is stuck in my head...you know the one ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQDXs75Ulo

Of course, anytime I think of a white room, I automatically think of pretty white hydrangea bouquets:

Ok so...

Are ya still with me? ;)

As for window treatments, I'm thinking of dark wood blinds similar to these:

With simple cream or white colored drapes such as these by Ikea (which are actually colored "Unbleached"):

Now for some doo-dads...

Some of these please!

(White Flower Farmhouse)

OH...heart...I adore this stenciled message!
(But ugh, I swear...even seeing the now infamous phrase "Yes, we can" makes me ILL...ILL, I tell you!)


Okay...anyway, you get the point and the look I am going for. It's been so much fun planning it in my head and I can hardly wait to put it all together in real life! Of course, I'll be doing it on a semi-budget so the whole overpriced Pottery Barn items are probably not happenin'. Will be sure to post before and after pics once we get the ball rolling though!

Also, stay tuned for my FINAL kids room plans! :)

XO,


Have a great day guys! I'm up and at em and it's a Saturday during the most blessed season of the year so...how about it? Uh huh...you know it...I'm going saling...

No, not this (though that would be lovely too):



THIS!!!!

YAY! First one of the season! :)

hehe


2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! Hope you find some goodies today, and I love your bedroom inspirations. Take a before picture to show us all what you are starting with!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def take pictures as you go! Ahhh, redecorating is soo fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...