I'm pooped. It has been SUCH a long day. I don't know if it's a full moon or what but my kiddos have been in rare form today.
I didn't get around to writing up part 2 of chapter 2 on Decide to Be Authentic today.
I know...I know...I said that I was going to post it today. :(
I honestly feel like I am letting you guys down! I promise to get it up and posted sometime this weekend though and then I'm hoping to get back on track for next week. :)
I had a lot to contend with today and quite frankly, it hasn't put me much in a mood to write about anything in depth (though admittedly, this is probably a time when I need it most).
My daughter, Natalie, is a little under the weather and so not herself. She is not typically very whiny but today she could have driven me to the point of insanity. It was one of those days that imaginary boo boo's (or at least ones you couldn't see with the naked eye) were life threatening...


You guys are probably thinking..."Aw, how rude that you were taking pictures while she was hurting!" But I was actually trying to make her smile...um, it didn't work :(
2 Barbie band-aids and a severely needed nap and she was much better. THANK THE LORD.
My poor son, Noah...bless his little heart. I think that he is getting his molars or something because the poor little peanut has had diarrhea multiple times a day for about 5 days now. I called the doctor today and they gave me some advice on what to feed him/what not to feed him and how to take care of his diaper rash...which has been just awful, by the way. I've used every diaper cream that we have...Aveeno, Bordeaux's Butt Paste, Desitin and A&D but it just doesn't want to let up. :( Every time I change his diaper, he says in his cute little not quite 2 year old voice..."Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow". :( So sad for my little guy...
Here he is holding his butt and saying...OW, OW, OW, OW, OW...he must have just gone again... :(

Nicolas had a pretty good day...nothing to report...he's happy his daddy is finally home and they are chowing down on today's "catch of the day" (my husband is an avid fisherman).
Aside from the kiddo trouble, I've also had dishes...

Laundry...

Grocery shopping...
Our cabinets and fridge looked like this when the day started...


When we were checking out at the grocery store, my oldest son took the liberty to tell the cashier that "We haven't had food in like a year!"...
Nice. Thanks Nic. Don't I feel like I am up for mother of the year.
I guess he probably felt like it with how barren we were this morning! Don't worry, it looks worse than it was. ;)
Thankfully, our cupboards aren't quite so bare now...



Bath time didn't go so well tonight either...we had another freak out session with the band-aids...wanted one on before the bath but then wanted it off once in the bath. Grrr! Then someone splashed someone else and the world ended.
No more bath time. No more sane Mama.
Needless to say, I haven't been this happy for bedtime in a while...
So...that is my excuse for not posting a blog on being authentic...
But wait...this blog post is actually just about as authentic and real as you can get, right?! Maybe not all is lost. Well, not unless you count my sanity.
Anyway, hopefully I didn't let you down too badly tonight. Like I said, I do feel bad that I couldn't get to it but some days are like that when you have a 5 year old a 4 year old and a 22 month old.
Now you're probably thinking...well, jeez Jen...for as long as THIS blog post was, you could have just taken the time to post what you were supposed to!
Darn it. You're probably right.
I'm going to bed, girls! I think that I've caught the whiny bug that my daughter got today and all I wanna say right now is...
I DON'T WANNA..........!!!!!!!! ;)
Night all.


You needed to vent and it's OKAY!!!! Sleep well my friend! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my girl!!!! You are too funny! I laughed the whole way through this one :) (sorry that it was at your expense though). We ALL have days like this and it's the days like this that keeps us all insane mama's connected!
ReplyDeletebecause no one understands a mom like another mom, huh?! Thanks for keepin' it REAL today girl! I love ya! Give my little kiddos a kiss night night from their Aunt Jul!! ;)
It was indeed a full moon! I remember having days like that and I couldn't wait till they started school so I have some peaceful time at home by myself. Now that they are in school, I long to have them home with me. Julie is right, we all have days like that. I certainly wished I handled them better and had more patience. Today's a new day!
ReplyDeleteHi! Sneaked on here from the billhime clan ... and I have to tell you ... I hope it is just the full moon. I said to my husband last night "somebody just shoot me and put me out of my misery!!!" that sounds so dumb today .. but boy was yesterday a doozy here in my house too with a moody 6 year old, a whiny 3 year old (who woke up like 8 times last night), and a teething 9 month old who spent the day crawling after me and continually fussing!! (and NOT NAPPING!!) Anyway, i feel your pain! Praying today is better for both of us!
ReplyDeleteThanks girls! I hope that you all are having a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteAmy, I hope yesterday went better for you...we had a pretty good day here. Thank the Lord that his mercies are new every morning, right?! :)
Amen sister!! Anyhow, the day went great .. the night .. not so great, but whatever. Tiredness is a state of being right now! At least it's the weekend, right???
ReplyDelete